Respected Contributor

Re: For those who have pierced ears...

@violann Ok, score 2 for the humble potato and 1 for the cork, so far anyway.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

I had my ears pierced at a jewelry store when I was 12.  Then later in my early twenties, I had a second piercing, which was done at a kiosk in the mall.  

Regular Contributor

I have four piercings in one ear and three in the other.  First set was with my mom when I was 12.  It was the first time she ever got her ears pierced.  The second set was with my friend at a store in our local mall we were in our middle teens.  The third set happened at the place I used to get my nails done at, one of the techs had a piercing gun.  The fourth lone piercing I did myself--froze my ear, a potato on the back and a big needle.  I would never have the nerve to do that again.  I love my piercings and I wear earings always.

Respected Contributor

@Jackyl  And another mention of the potato.... Up to 3 now.  LOL. I also wear earrings daily.  Mine were also done with the piercing gun at the doctor's office.  Thanks for sharing.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

The summer before college - at the mall. I worked at Macy's and some of my paychecks, that summer, went to earrings. Dad had his inflexible rules. He wouldn't allow us girls to pierce our ears while in high school. To this day, I wear earrings every day. If I leave the house without 'jewelry ears' (grandson calls earrings) I feel strange.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I was in my twenties and had them pierced at a jewelry store - probably at the mall.

Valued Contributor

@SloopJohnB  I,too, shopped at the Siebold  building in downtown Miami! 

Also, went to a pediatrician who used that piercing gun. 
My mother thought it was barbaric but when my aunt and cousin pierced their ears, my mother relented. I was 14. I used to make dangling earrings out of cardboard  that I colored to match my outfits.

My 3 granddaughters ( 9, 4, 16 months) had their ears pierced at 5 months! They all have little diamond hoops! The other grandfather is a jeweler!

Respected Contributor

@Zaimee  Hi neighbor.....A jeweler for a grandfather?..... He might come in handy! LOL 💎💍 Thanx for sharing!

Honored Contributor

I was about 21 and wanted pierced ears. I as broke so I did it myself.   I took a sewing needle...and an ice cube. Froze my earlobe numb...put the needle through... rinsed with hydrogen peroxide and put a hoop earring in. Was it painful?  Yes!! 

for about a week I kept neosporin on  the area and moved the earring so the holes would heal  open.  

They turned out great! 

Honored Contributor

I think I was around 15.  I was living with my sister and her 4 children.  She got her’s done at the same time.

We had to wait til we had the money to spend on it.

It was donbe way back then by a doctor.