Honored Contributor

Re: For those who have pierced ears...

@SloopJohnB 

The ouch moment came later once the icing wore off; I had 2 very sore, infected ear lobes, but it was worth it!   

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50  Me too.  I feel naked without them.  You don't see much of a variety of clip ons anymore....

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB   My mother did not have pierced ears and she would not allow me to get mine pierced when I was growing up.

When I was in my early 30's I told my husband I wanted diamond earrings (studs) but didn't have pierced ears.  He said, get your ears pierced and I'll get you diamond earrings. 

At the time I was pregnant with my youngest son.  On one of my visits to my OB, I asked her if she would pierce my ears.  She said sure.  She said she would rather do it than have me go to the mall. 

So,on my next visit to the OB, she pierced my ears.  

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Respected Contributor

Re: For those who Ihave pierced ears...

@WORKING GAL  As they say, third times the charm!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@newjerseygirl  That's a great story....you got diamonds out of it, not to mention a baby boy!!!💎

Honored Contributor

I was 20. My mom and all of the women in her family didn't have them. And my grandmother said that familiar, "If God wanted you to have holes in your ears He would have given you them"! 

So I was told I could get them when I was 21. It was the summer before my last year of college and we were going on vacation. I asked my mom if I could PLEASE get them done. One of her good friends was an M.D., so she did them. 

While we were on vacation I followed her care instructions to the letter. When I returned to college I wore nothing but gold hoops. My parents gave me small diamond studs for my 21st birthday!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I was a freshman in college when my friend numbed my ears with ice and stuck a needle through it.

@proudlyfromNJ,

this is exactly what I was going to post! I think she did a pretty good job.

I didn't want my daughters to get theirs pierced for a long while.

I just thought oh they are so sweet and practically perfect in every way! I didn't want holes in their ears, but they both got them in their late teens.

Then my youngest got a tatoo!

At first I thought no, but it actually is very beautiful!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  Nice story and you got diamonds to boot!

Respected Contributor

Had it done when I was 15.  Was supposed to wait until I was 16 but  guess I wore my Mom down.  My Dad wasn't too happy about it.  My daughter is 16 and is not interested at all at having it done.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom took me to the pediatrician to get my ears pierced when I was 12. She didn't have pierced ears. I begged her to let me get my ears pierced. She agreed to take me but only if the doctor did it.