Honored Contributor

My husband and I are not big supporters of the Valentines Day hype.  

When my daughters were in elementary school, I always helped make their school parties fun and special, and also had something special here at home for Valentines Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Easter.   

When my kids grew up, I let it all go.   No holiday decorations for those holidays, no cookies, no candy, no Easter baskets.   My girls like having those sweet childhood memories, but they appreciate having a mom that stopped doing what she’d always done and knew when to let it go.  

Respected Contributor

I have a son that was born on Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t get better than that. He is the best.

Occasional Visitor

I’m real close to my grandkids but we don’t do anything on Valentine’s Day.when they were young I would give something small.we do xmas and birthdays. If u exchange Mother’s Day,birthdays,Xmas I wouldn’t be sad at all. Like I said most do not except couples.

Respected Contributor

I always feel this way if it don't feel good and you get neglected then maybe you should stop doing it.

Esteemed Contributor

My suggestion is to stop acknowledging Valentine's Day.  Christmas and birthday's from now on.  Obviously the members of your family aren't interested in giving so it's time for them to stop receiving.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I call that a gift for a gift gift. And I ask myself why I ever did buy gifts only to find out from some hurtful family member that my gift was in a garage sale at there house. I am glad now that I was told about it now. It stopped me in my tracks real fast. I don't have to buy love from these insencitive people. It's my thought for the day.

Respected Contributor

HeartHeartHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

HAVING mY KIDS ALL GROWN FEELS CRUEL TO MY HEART. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feeling A Little Sad

[ Edited ]

Not everybody celebrates V day. To many, it's just another day on the calendar, and is used to make money for the card/flower/chocolate industry.

It's how love is shown on the other 364 days of the year that matters, not just one specific date on the clendar.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Never got into the hype of Valentine's Day and especially not cards.  Restaurants are always so crowded on holidays so BF and I would wait a few days after and then go out.  We'd be able to get into a restaurant without having to wait and kind of have the whole place pretty much to ourselves.