Honored Contributor

DBA59302-C9B1-4131-AA87-229CA8E37D0F.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

This is so true. I have tears in my eyes reading this. My children are grown now but I have 2 grandchildren who just started kindergarten and first grade. I was very young when I had my children and don't think I realized this until I was older. Can't believe my grandchildren are in school but I am lucky enough to spend lots of time with them. It certainly is a gift.  Thanks for posting this.

Trusted Contributor

So very very true.

It seems I blinked and my girls were suddenly these amazing  young beautiful ladies...one now 19 at college, the other 16 a junior in HS.

I think where has the time gone ? 

So many times, I pause, sit back and just look at them and think....

WOW HOW FABULOUS YOU BOTH ARE AND HOW BLESSED WE ARE TO HAVE YOU.  Tears well up in my eyes, and I thank Our Lord, for these

2 amazing little blessings.

Thank you so much for your post, @Shanus..Its BEAUTIFUL...

HUGS TO YOU ON THIS THURSDAY !!!Heart

Honored Contributor

That’s beautiful.  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

@Annalise wrote:

This is so true. I have tears in my eyes reading this. My children are grown now but I have 2 grandchildren who just started kindergarten and first grade. I was very young when I had my children and don't think I realized this until I was older. Can't believe my grandchildren are in school but I am lucky enough to spend lots of time with them. It certainly is a gift.  Thanks for posting this.

@Annalise  When I read this, it hit me hard, too. I had both my children (12 months apart) by the time I was 25. I was so overwhelmed w/ 2 babies...my son not even walking when my daughter was born. DH went into private practice when they were 2 & 3...no money for salary to a secretary/receptionist/, I went to work & the kids went to daycare. Looking back, I missed those best years.

I also now have 2 granddaughters, ages 6 & 9 who live 1/2 hour away. I make sure I’m at as many swim meets, soccer games, ballet recitals, school plays, etc. that I can. 

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

So very very true.

It seems I blinked and my girls were suddenly these amazing  young beautiful ladies...one now 19 at college, the other 16 a junior in HS.

I think where has the time gone ? 

So many times, I pause, sit back and just look at them and think....

WOW HOW FABULOUS YOU BOTH ARE AND HOW BLESSED WE ARE TO HAVE YOU.  Tears well up in my eyes, and I thank Our Lord, for these

2 amazing little blessings.

Thank you so much for your post, @Shanus..Its BEAUTIFUL...

HUGS TO YOU ON THIS THURSDAY !!!Heart

@Skididdy  It is a wonderful reminder of how blessed we are and miss the little things that we regret later. Have a great and safe holiday weekend. 💕

Respected Contributor

We have 5 Children.  All grown up.  The youngest will be 25 in a week, and the oldest just turned 38.

I say all the time ~ "I WANT A DO-OVER!"  "It All Went By Way Too Fast!" 

Every time I say this, my Husband tells me I am Crazy!  "LOL!"

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

My son grew up too fast, he is an only child and I loved raising him. My husband and I went to all his sporting events and I loved getting him all gussied up for his proms. There are just so many good memories, I would do it all over in a heart beat.

Respected Contributor

Oh does it go by fast. I had three sons and one that I feel like I adopted. He was my sons best friend and his mother left the family. It was a tough time for him. Home life was terrible. He practically lived here. I saw him today and all the memories came back. He thanked me. I told him I enjoyed doing what I did for him.

This month my oldest granddaughter is getting married. That went by way to fast. Will always have my memories. A few tears and many smiles.

Trusted Contributor

I think about this all the time and can't believe how fast the time has flown with mine.  My 4 are between the ages of 8 - 13.  We are always busy and on the go but I wouldn't change it for anything.  As long as they are happy and doing what they enjoy I'll drive 2 hours to watch them play a game for 1 hour, get up at 5:00am on weekends so they can get where they need to be and spend endless hours every night driving or waiting at a sports practice.  In addition to watching a kid complete I love the one on one time I get to spend with them.