Respected Contributor

@ShanusYou are so lucky. Not all of us had support from the other parent on my team.That makes a huge different, then again they might just wait to get away from us and turn into a crazy.

Respected Contributor

@ShanusAre you real sure about that?. I am not convinced in my world.at this point.Must have both parents going into the same direction.Very neceesary.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouwrote:

@ShanusYou are so lucky. Not all of us had support from the other parent on my team.That makes a huge different, then again they might just wait to get away from us and turn into a crazy.

@BeccaLou  Of course, it’s easier w/ both parents...especially if both parents are on the same page about raising kids. Being a single parent must be quite challenging. I don’t think I could have done it alone. I have a lot of respect for women (or men) that manage it.

Esteemed Contributor

That’s exactly how I raised my son.When he used to question why he had to do something I used to say “ this house is not a democracy. It’s a dictatorship & you’re looking at the dictator!!”.I also used to say ”I’m not your friend.I’m your mother “.

My son was raised with a lot of love & praise.But he was raised to have respect,values & to work hard.It’s gives me such joy to see him as an adult today.He’s a much better person than I am!!

My DH credits me for the way my son turned out because  I was a stay at home mom.I believe it was a team effort.DH set a wonderful example for what a man should be!!

Raising a child is hard work.I would do it all over again.Nothing has been more rewarding!! I feel so blessed!!

Respected Contributor

I was a Mother first then their friend.  Now they are grown, our sons tell me it was so nice to be able to express their feelings. I think it is important to be able to have sit down family talks.

Our two sons are my best friendsHeart

Respected Contributor

@ShanusI wasn't a single Mom, Just had a checked out Husband and Father for the kids, I called him a recycled teen-ager. But he wasn't there for me or the kids but lived part time in the house with us. But found out later he was living a double life. All the while I did raise the kids by myself. But he taught them how to be hood-lums.And when he was around o.k. their bads actions, which made it double rough on me.

Respected Contributor

@ShanusBut hopefully, one is starting to see the hard job I had with them. I need prayers to get through all of this , still !. Thank-You.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouwrote:

@ShanusBut hopefully, one is starting to see the hard job I had with them. I need prayers to get through all of this , still !. Thank-You.

@BeccaLou  Sorry I misunderstood. You definitely have my prayers & are in my thoughts...definitely not an easy “road”.

Trusted Contributor

Exactly!!!

Honored Contributor

Seems like Erma Bombeck or Ann Landers once said that to be called "A Mean Mom" was like a badge of courage and to be proud of.  But then that was a long time ago.