Valued Contributor

We are a military family and hubby had a lot of long hours and I worked for the military.  We had one daughter and while we were hands-on, we let her be herself, let her go on trips, ski, let her take classes we thought were foolish (Russian - imagine), dye her hair awful, wear terrible makeup and weird clothes.  My husband always  told her, " be like an eagle, fly, fly, soar to the top and become anything you want."  We never had an issue with her.  Honor student, college graduate - PHD and an achiever.  I think it is because we gave her a certain amount of freedom, which I never had growing up, let her make choices, give opinions.  I refused to read diaries, journals (she would read them to us), nose into her things, not even. She never had a curfew but knew we would worry after a certain time.  It is all about trust.  Maybe living in Europe, in a village, for 13 years had something to do with that.  It worked for us.

Valued Contributor
I’ve seen this before and LOVE IT! My daughter is now the Mom of a beautiful 20 month old. I al OST feel like getting g it for her her & stow it away for a mother’s Day in the not so distant future!
My Mum always used to tell me about “Mother’s Revenge”! Now I know exactly what she meant!
Valued Contributor
e seen this before and LOVE IT! My daughter is now the Mom of a beautiful 20 month old. I ALMOST feel like getting g it for her her & stow it away for a Mother’s Day in the not so distant future!
My Mum always used to tell me about “Mother’s Revenge!” Now, I know exactly what she meant!
Respected Contributor

@Shanus...

Where can I get one of those signs?  Smiley Very Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@Shanus...

Where can I get one of those signs?  Smiley Very Happy

@Mistic  I have no idea, but good, huh?