Valued Contributor

Re: Easter baskets for gandchildren?

I also have 2 granddaughters. I usually purchase a small bunny and a new summer outfit for them. This Easter I purchased tickets to our High School'sSpring play Cinderella which runs the weekend before Easter. This will be a great memory for them! I will also purchase little bunnies to give them on Easter Sunday! Em.

New Contributor

I add those individual sized cereal boxes, small packs of goldfish crackers, mini raisin boxes and flavored applesauce. The kids enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

I think 1 and 4 years old is too young for an Easter basket. I know kids are more advanced today, but I doubt if they would miss it. I think it's more for the adults pleasure than the kids at that age.

Contributor

have always put new swimsuits, swim towels, flip-flops,dress up clothes and accessories when little, now items needed for special interests/activities. basically fun items for the 'new season'. just a little candy-think small choc bunny & some jellybeans.

Honored Contributor

When our grandkids were small, I did buy something special, but did not give baskets.  It was such fun, looking for something special and giving it to them, I miss those days.

Fast forward, as the family grows it just is to expensive.  One gd is married with 2 children. The granddaughter that lives far away, well lets say postage is awful and her parents indulge her so what she receives from us just goes in a pile with everything they give her, it's a disappointment.

In the early days, we got to gether for the holidays then there was a divorce which changes everything.  Get togethers were few and far between.  We are not overly close with the grand kids.  We love each other but there is not a lot of contact.  We tried after the divorce to stay connected but it did not last.

The married gd now has inlaws and time is spread between the inlaws and her dad...they are busy with their own life as well....her mom does not come first and her mom is my DH's daughter, so it trickles down to us.

Honored Contributor

How about discussing with them, a big Easter Bunny party for next month.  Let them choose what things (items) for the party, prizes, cakes or cupcakes, or other treats and games.  They may have played games somewhere else and would like to do that for a party they might plan.