Super Contributor

I'm sure no harm was meant.

My SIL owns a very successful hair salon, and she once told me to use the blue (only the blue) Dawn dishwashing soap to tone down the brassiness that had come from my hair coloring. It worked.

Contributor

Wow, Ms SweetieBear, nope I won't chill out on this. This is a person working in a nursing home who is using DAWN dishwashing detergent on the patients heads. Too screwed up--UNLESS they are telling and receiving okay's from the family to do this. In that case, I would remiss for a time.

Trusted Contributor

Yeah 'Wow', Marlea Lee. That's exactly what I said when I read your rant at the OP. Geez Louise, lady. Big deal. I think there are far worse things that go on in nursing homes. A little dish soap as shampoo is not the end of the world or cause for the firing squad.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Contributor
On 6/20/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

Yeah 'Wow', Marlea Lee. That's exactly what I said when I read your rant at the OP. Geez Louise, lady. Big deal. I think there are far worse things that go on in nursing homes. A little dish soap as shampoo is not the end of the world or cause for the firing squad.

You and I will be great comemerades in the nursing home.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip.

Respected Contributor
On 6/20/2014 Marlea Lee said:

Great WHAT in the nursing home? As someone else said, chill out!

New Contributor

Re: Dawn Dish soap

[ Edited ]
Contributor
On 6/20/2014 bigsister said:
On 6/20/2014 Marlea Lee said:

Great WHAT in the nursing home? As someone else said, chill out!

To diaslow beings to treat our elderly with disrepect.

Super Contributor
On 6/19/2014 ivey said:

I'm sure no harm was meant.

My SIL owns a very successful hair salon, and she once told me to use the blue (only the blue) Dawn dishwashing soap to tone down the brassiness that had come from my hair coloring. It worked.

Didn't know that... Good tip, & one I'll keep in mind. Thanks. 8)

Contributor

Marlea Lee: Am I missing something??? If Dawn is used on the cleanup of birds successfully, and it's used in washing our dishes which we stick our hands into (and so does my 85 yo MIL), then how exactly is this so harmful as shampoo if it's also getting rid of the flaking crustiness????? I don't get your objection.