Frequent Contributor

If anyone suffers from scaly, crusty scalp. I am a nurse at a nursing home and we have found the Dawn that is blue the one they show in a commercial that shows them cleaning birds that are effected by oil spills. Our residents hair is shampoo between 1 or 2 times and all the scaly, crusty issues disappear. It is amazing and gentle on there hair. Just thought I would share this info so if you know of people with this issue it may help them.

Super Contributor

Great tip, & a great company to support; thanks. 8)

Trusted Contributor
I will try this!
Trusted Contributor

Do you know how they came up with this idea and is it only the blue one that works?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

I just wanted to add that Dawn walk the walk when it comes to the oiled seabirds: they donate their product to wildlife rescue organizations, and it's the very best for that purpose. When a bird has oil or whatever on it, you have to work quickly but efficiently because wild creatures get very stressed from a lot of handling. Dawn works so well, you get a really clean bird, as fast as possible.

It's wonderful for gunged pelicans. It's great on dishes! And it's the right shampoo for crusty scalps. Win win win.

Super Contributor

Thank you! Good to know.

Valued Contributor

Marlea... HUH???

Contributor
On 6/19/2014 Libbylady said:

Marlea... HUH???

Libby, don't you see how wrong this is? I've never been one to question much, but dawn dish detergent on on a nursing home resident is just too much, even for me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

While I don't think it's a good idea to use dish washing liquid on anyone's hair, I don't think the OP meant any real harm by doing this and may have had good intentions.

OP, I know you mean well and nurses have one of the most thankless jobs in the world, it really may not be a good idea to use dish washing liquid on someone's hair, even if the results are good. Dish washing liquid can be very drying and really isn't meant to be put in one's hair.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor
On 6/19/2014 Marlea Lee said:

You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that just because your quick cure of Dawn dishwasher soap cleared up a portion of the work that you are paid to do. You are pathetic.

If you are serious about your "glee" at this scaly head skin fix, please respond with the name and location of the nursing home who is doing this to their patients so that "we" can respond accordingly.

Oh for Pete's sake lady, chill out. You are the one who should be ashamed of yourself for this rude uncalled for smack down. Geez!

OP, I don't have experience in using original Dawn dish soap on hair, or birds either for that matter. Just want to add that it is recommended for cleaning diamond rings too and also moissanite.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~