Respected Contributor

DAWN is the only thing I insist on having in my kitchen, plus the other two DAWN products have to be under my sink. I use it for every thing cleaning glass mirrors and windows etc. Will now try some of the other ideas on here.

Respected Contributor

lovestoteach ... sorry for the delay (computer issues!) I use Dawn (with nothing added) and it works great for grease spots and basic "dirt" marks. I have never tried it on makeup stains, so I can't help you with that. I should have clarified that in my comment ... sorry!

Contributor

I read further down on a post that it takes stains from clothing.

Recently a household member had a pen in her clothing and of course that pen went through the washer and dryer. Some clothing got ink stains that I could not remove after trying Shout 3 times. I wonder if Dawn would help with ink stains - anyone know?

Honored Contributor

Tootie... that's OK... I was lazy and instead of using it a few more times on the stain, I just sent it to the cleaners! {#emotions_dlg.blush} The Dawn combined with something else might have taken it out.

It's Me13...Aqua-net (hair spray) has taken pen out of items... recommended also has been a product called "Goo."

There are some things I have noticed about Dawn: it is extremely drying when left on skin. As drying as the $$$$ Hibiclens surgery scrub recommended to me by the doctor for face breakout.

The Dawn or baking soda did a great job of cleaning my hair and scalp. Next time I will wait, though, until right before stylist colors my hair!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor
On 7/20/2014 Skylands said:
On 7/20/2014 Skylands said:
On 7/19/2014 sneef said:

Skylands, yes I am a nurse, why would I say I am if I wasn't, not that my degree matters but I am a BSN, no I didn't ask my co-worker why Dawn Dish soap works, but she and her Dermatologist was at the end of meds, creams, scrubs, or antibiotics and he stated at this point with her dismal results, he told her to give it a try, she carried her Dawn bottle with her to her appointment so he could see the ingrediants, and he is the one that said you have nothing to lose because he pretty much had concluded that there was no hope and that she may just have to live with this condition. The next time she sees her Dermatologist if you have specific questions or facts please send them to me and I will have her ask him all the questions that you may have. I just know what great results she has had and how hopeful the MD will use it on his future patients as he was amazed with her results. It is always exciting to bring new ideas to the medical field, that makes them think outside the box, some of the simplest items are the best fixes. More people should go back to basics.

As U know, there are many people who call themselves 'nurse'. And many levels of education. It's disappointing that someone with a BSN, didn't inquire about the reason this product works.

That's my point. Question, curiosity, and intellect are missing, so your claim doesn't provide a basis to believe this actually works. One person, as you know, is not statistically valid. That's my point!

"Go back to basics" is fine if there is scientific proof. Not hearsay.

Skylands,I'm sure,from what you wrote, you have inquired about everything you buy,use,eat,etc to find out why they are safe and why they work. I also expect you do a background check to ensure everyone's degree and education levels are up to your standards. How lucky you are to have question,curiosity,and intellect. Too bad you don't have good manners,graciousness,and a nonjudgemental attitude to go along with those.Everything in life,as you know,does not have to be statistically valid....some things just work and its dish liquid...not some big deal. It does seem,however, statistically valid to see you writing such condescending posts.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing this info!

I love products that can multi-task and save me money. I am also convinced, based on personal experience, that most high priced skincare products don't work any better than inexpensive ones.

I was planning to research & try an inexpensive drugstore facial cleanser but I am going to see how the Dawn works first. I already have the Dawn so it will save me even more.

I'm also enjoying learning more about all the other things Dawn can be used for.

Honored Contributor

wildrob... may I suggest to you and others to go easy at first when using the Dawn on your face? It feels drying to me... maybe it wouldn't be in small ""doses.""

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
On 7/22/2014 lovestoteach said:

wildrob... may I suggest to you and others to go easy at first when using the Dawn on your face? It feels drying to me... maybe it wouldn't be in small ""doses.""

The Dawn I use for dishes is very concentrated. I think for personal use it would need to be diluted quite a bit before applying it to the face or hair.

Honored Contributor
On 7/22/2014 lovestoteach said:

wildrob... may I suggest to you and others to go easy at first when using the Dawn on your face? It feels drying to me... maybe it wouldn't be in small "doses."

Thanks. I will watch for that. I definitely don't want to go from one extreme (oily) to the other. I have only used it twice so far. I started last night. I'm trying to just use one drop but I am getting more than that. It is hard not to get too much out of an almost full bottle. I don't leave it on my face for long, just rub it on & wash off.

Respected Contributor

I have a pair of khaki pants that got stained with bacitrin. I am going to have to try the Dawn to see if that will get the stain out. Thanks for the tip.

I do have a bottle of the blue Dawn at my desk and I cannot find a list of ingredients on the bottle. It just says 'contains biodegradable surfactants.' It also says that it contains no phosphates.