Respected Contributor

Dave Ramsey's Envelope System

In case you haven't seen this, Dave Ramsey has a wallet system for managing bills with envelopes, memo pad, check register and holder and card slots. Some people report this makes a very good way to control cash so you don't run out at the end of the month or ring up unintended bills. It went on sale. I'm thinking of picking up a few of these for gifts--not for holidays but for friends who complain about controlling their finances. I had a friend years ago who made a very good salary, much much higher than mine and yet he was always short. This helped.

Valued Contributor

Re: Dave Ramsey's Envelope System

You constantly post advertisements in links for Amazon. Do you get paid for that?

Honored Contributor

You're right, this sounds like an ad.

Trusted Contributor

I just use plain envelopes, no additional costs!

Trusted Contributor

Unless I had specifically asked someone for help, I would be insulted to receive this gift.

Respected Contributor

i love the dave ramsey envelope system, and i just use plain old white envelopes!

Super Contributor

I wonder if Dave Ramsey learned this system from his grandmother? I know my grandmother used this system 60 years ago!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Major Shopper said:

I wonder if Dave Ramsey learned this system from his grandmother? I know my grandmother used this system 60 years ago!

Yes he did, he talks about her on his show, he has lots of good ideas. I get his daily emails. I also got this email about his envelope system, so this thread is legit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
On 9/26/2014 Major Shopper said:

This system has been around forever .... it's not like he invented it ....

Honored Contributor

I used this system before it was popular.