Super Contributor

DD is expecting our first grandchild!!! Suggestions??

We are in our early 60's, and our only child is expecting her first child in July. We are thrilled. There are no other little ones in the family, and this is brand new territory for us.

I am also 25 years out of the loop as far as babies go! We are going to Babies R Us on Friday. I have looked online, and it appears every product that I was familiar with no longer exists.

Any suggestions or products that you like or recommend for this new little one?

I am letting DD lead me into this new chapter of our lives. I was invited to her Dr. appt and got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. She and her DH are doing well and very happy. I just love her so much! Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. TIA.

Super Contributor

Re: DD is expecting our first grandchild!!! Suggestions??

CONGRATULATIONS!' You are about to enter into a wonderful time of life. Being a grandma is the highlight of my life. I can tell you that things are so different from when our children were small. I was amazed at our first trip to Baby's R Us. A Boppie is a wonderful resting pillow type thing for baby and assists in holding while feeding by bottle or by nursing. It's shaped like a big donut. I was surprised how helpful it really was. I've since given as gifts also. My DD was wonderful about taking me to her dr appointments and ultra sounds . Her hubby was just as wonderful. Such an exciting time for you all. My daughter was told she would never be able to have children. I'm so thankful that God decided otherwise. Enjoy this time!
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!, My co-worker just had her first baby this past December. I commented on her stroller which is lightweight, easily collapsible, has a lot of cargo space. It's an Uppababy stroller, Cruz model. There are other models, as well. It's been 20 years since I had my youngest and there are so many things out there!! The one thing that was a godsend for my dh and me was a swing. When my hair stylist had her baby two years ago, she got the swing called 4moms mamaRoo. What I liked about it was it very easy to get the baby in and out of it. HTH. Best of luck to you and your daughter.
Frequent Contributor

I would wIt for her to make a registry where ever she wants. My daughter went to BabiesRUs. I then decided to buy her the car seat stroller combo she wanted ( a little over $200 ). It was a boy so I also bought lots of clothes for him. Congrats and have a ball!
Frequent Contributor

Double post sorry
Respected Contributor

Oh, how wonderful . Enjoy !
Contributor

Congratulations! There is nothing like being a gramma! When my daughter and son had their first children we purchased the cribs and dressers. We let our children and their spouses pick what they wanted. It was so much fun looking with them. Enjoy every minute with your daughter and her husband. I'll be thinking of you when July comes!

Respected Contributor

How very blessed you are!!!! We are older grandparents (I'll just say over 65{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}) and after 3 heartbreaking miscarriages during 14 years of marriage, our daughter presented us with our first granddaughter 3 years ago. What a pure, complete, unmitigated joy for us. We are thrilled that we actually lived to have some time with her. We feel blessed every time we hear her say Grandma and Pop.

I am so happy for you. As for products, I'm sure your daughter will take the lead, but remember, safety first.

Frequent Contributor

What an exciting time for your family! I buy the car seat that the parents pick out. Not only is it required but, it will help keep that precious new grandbaby of yours safe!

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations! I'm a new grandmother and I couldn't love my little grandson more! A really nice present your daughter can use now is a maternity pillow. They're sold on Amazon.com. Its large and S-shaped and provides comforting support for her changing body -- especially good for back and stomach support. My daughter loved it and her husband did too. She joked that she had to keep "stealing" it away from him.

When the baby comes along the Boppie pillow is just great, too.

Candy