Valued Contributor

Compassion and good feelings to ALL

As we approach Mothers Day, I know it isn’t a happy time for all women. For many reasons, seeing all the “Hallmark” moments in the media everyday bring a warm feeling to many hearts and a painful agony to others. Whoever you are and whatever your story, I send you strength and compassion. For those who will spend their day alone or grieving, this too shall pass. God bless you.
Valued Contributor

Re: Compassion and good feelings to ALL

@Kardi   What a lovely and heartfelt post.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Kardi, for your heartfelt message.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for a warm and lovley message.

I just found out today that a woman who is in my game group lost an adult child last year.  My heart breaks for her.

Valued Contributor

Yes, thank you.  It is a hard day for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kardi  Thoughtful and gracious post. I gave a "Praying Hands" hosta to my friend (for Mother's Day) and as a Memorial for her son who OD'd recently.

We frequently have lunch together. I had overwintered the plant in my garage afraid something was going to happen. (One of the gut feelings I had.) Sadly, it happened before the plant awakened from its dormant state.

She actually appreciated it more last week when she was able to take it home and plant it, without the painful emotions and grief of his untimely death. Her DIL will be in town for Mother's Day. They plan to visit the cemetary for the first time together. Then, she and I are signed up for a walking tour of the cemetary later this month and we'll visit his grave together after the tour. 

The good news is: our Police Dept. have found the dealer and have him in custody. He has sold to three others who have also OD'd, but survived due to quick action by 911 and our EMT's. With a tough Judge, he may face up to 30-40 years in prison. (My friend does realize her son was also guilty for buying and using drugs.)

She is currently taking Grief Classes. Her husband is not. She is also going through TMS, which her daughter and I have qualms about. (Look it up if you are interested.) A physician administers EEG's three times a week for six weeks to see if her brain is improving from his "treatments" which we're concerned about. She believes in it and I guess that's what is important for her mental health. (Sort of like a sugar pill?) It seems like a money scam to us, but we aren't in her shoes of depression. So far, it hasn't hurt her physically or mentally . . .  so who cares if the physician is a scam artist? If he helps her through the grief, it's worth every cent IMO. Loosing a child (of any age) is something I cannot imagine.

The death of my husband was shocking and oh-so painful, but I had to stay level-headed for our son and company. I went on "auto-pilot" for a couple of years before I was able to really grieve. The death of a parent is usually due to illness. Although you know it is coming, you are never prepared. It's still a shock and the void is more than anticipated. I took pansy's to my husband's and mom's graves on Easter, rather than Easter Lillies this year. It's all the cycle of life.

We have already celebrated our Mother's Day. My DIL's family is huge and they get together for Mother's Day and Father's Day. I'm so happy her entire family are together twice each year! So, I'll be alone . . . probably with a neighbor or two. We have several of us who are widows, widowers and divorced people in the HOA. Great friends, close-by, we all love to grill, and good people to share holidays and weekends.  

Hope everyone has a sunny day on Sunday!      

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I love the OP's post.  

I just returned from seeing my son and his family.  I don't get to see them very often because they're so far away and my son is military.  They have 3 kids (twins 30 months and baby 1 yr).  It's the first time they called me Gramma and I loved it.  I'm still on a high from seeing them.

At the same time, I think of my mom. She died 18 months ago and I miss her soooooo much.  She was my best friend, confidant, and mom.  It's hard to think of the rest of my life without her.  

Honored Contributor

@Kardi wrote:
As we approach Mothers Day, I know it isn’t a happy time for all women. For many reasons, seeing all the “Hallmark” moments in the media everyday bring a warm feeling to many hearts and a painful agony to others. Whoever you are and whatever your story, I send you strength and compassion. For those who will spend their day alone or grieving, this too shall pass. God bless you.

@Kardi 

Thank you!  I am wishing the same to you!!! 

For many of us who have recently lost our mothers, it is a very difficulty and emotional time.  Your post is lovely and kind!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kardi wrote:

@Kardi,  You are gracious and compassionate.   Your lovely, sensitive post means more than I can explain.   Even when we try to embrace gratitude for what we had...  and for what we have...  sometimes sadness and grief sneak in on silent tiptoes and catch us unprepared, take our breath away.   Thank you for extending a gentle loving hand, warmth, understanding, and support.   (((hugs to everyone))) ~❤️~

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Kardi,

What a lovely post, thank you,

Sending,

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/8e/18/0d/8e180dd4fa1f0e16bbda25498b4efc9c.jpg