Respected Contributor

Re: Colicky/Gassy 11 Week Old Baby Boy

She did try the soy, not much of a difference though. His doctor recommened another formula now. Said soy could be constipating and she did notice that. This latest seems to be the best so far. Eventually he will outgrow this, I hope.

Respected Contributor

I am going to tell my daughter about this, we are both willing to try anything. Thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Thanks. Will have to read that.

Honored Contributor

My son always got some relief when I put him on top of the dryer with it running.   I one of his blankets for him to lie on and turned it on.  I stood there rubbing his back while the dryer's warmth and vibration soothed his stomach.  Usually fell asleep shortly after.  Good luck it is an awful time until it passes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

My first baby was colicky and just cried and cried.  Eventually the doctor told me that usually (if you can't find any real cause) it is due to an immature nervous system and they will grow out of it.  Ya think?  I still laugh because he was clueless too.  It just magically disappeared on schedule.

_________>>>>>. @Immature Nervous System,  @Still Raining 

??????

Well,  that's one I have not heard' Of - yet.

These mamas having Grand take over THOUGH, IS NOT.

Taking care of new born babies and being a stay-at- home mother is the most responsible and hardest of all jobs ever....

In response to baby crying\ diagnosed as colicky is usually Always an allergic reaction to something being digested or inhaled.

The little one is trying to tell someone, ' I am having trouble here'....

To the doctor: There IS always a CAUSE. Reasoning is finding the solution ~~~

Good luck to good ol' grands everywhere. Congrats,,,,, !

AND! YES....my baby had allergies for many of his adjustments to many things. 

That was when 'we' decided, previously - prior to giving birth, my main joy was to be a full time mommie.

It worked well for us.  

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Forgot to add, pump baby's legs often to help gas pass.  

Way back in 1960 my sister had the first grandchild and due to circumstances they lived at home for a while.  He had the worst colic I've ever witnessed.  I remember my mom and sister holding him constantly.  They also had a fine plastic tube they used on him and that would relieve a lot of gas.

My first born was also very colicky.  She still is.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

This position absolutely helps. When nothing else worked my ped. suggested inserting a small glycerin suppository. Did try this infrequently when nothing else was working . It did work. Keep in mind this was 45 years ago - don't know how drs would view this treatment today.

Respected Contributor

Not only was my ds colicky, he vomited, projectile, every time he ate, for 26 months! Poor little guy, we kept a pan in his crib. He'd crawl down, vomit, then go back to sleep! He was on every formula around, including Alumentum, a beef based formula that reeked when it came back up! One time we were out to dinner (we hardly ever went out because of him, but,,,) he started the colicky act and in desperation I saw a starlight mint, which I unwrapped and let him lick!(I was holding very tightly!) it worked like a charm!  I never thought about the oil! It would have been so much easier!😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.