Esteemed Contributor

Christmas tree idea for the little ones...

It is hard keeping the little fingers from touching the large tree. They like all the sparkly things.

My mother actually did this with us when we were little........she got us a small 2-3 ft tree and a bunch of plastic ornaments, beaded trim, ribbons, flowers etc...This was OUR tree and we could decorate.....undecorate it as much as we wanted....but we were to leave the big tree alone.

It worked for me....me daughter and now my granddaughter......

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas tree idea for the little ones...

@Nataliesgramma, I like the idea you mentioned. That sounds wonderful. Or if you do any crafts, maybe let them make some cards to hang up or even put on the tree. Even if they just color pictures for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

This is one of the greatest ideas yet!   Such a simple, safe remedy!   And the children will feel as though they have accomplished something Christmas-y.............Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma That is exactly what we did when our daughter was younger, she had her own tree complete with ornaments, garland and a tree topper, and then every year when we went Christmas shopping she was able to choose 1 new ornament to add to her tree!

Honored Contributor

Great idea although we've never had a tree problem except for the dog's tail!!!