Respected Contributor

I just witnessed child abuse in the grocery store.i was so shook up about this,I went to customer service to let them know.when I left the store lot,I saw 3 children and I assume  the mother getting ready to get on a bus.i saw the mother slap her child,then kicked him to the ground.i was mortified!I called my daughter crying.she said asap call 911.i  called police and reported this.i am hoping the store has cameras in the store.ive read about child abuse,but never ever witnessed it.now I can't get this vision out of my mind

Respected Contributor

Re: Child abuse

[ Edited ]

That makes me sad. I understand how you must feel. You did what you could...sadly, I'm not sure what could be done, because they got on a bus. Not like police could identify a license place and follow-up. But hopefully something could be done. So sad. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

That is the most upsetting thing ever! 

I'm glad you called the police. I hope they will follow it up!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam I am so sorry that you had to be witness to this kind of abuse.   You did your part, so MAYBE the police will follow up on your report.

Honored Contributor

Glad you reported it. Unfortunately the worst kind goes on behind closed doors.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I just witnessed child abuse in the grocery store.i was so shook up about this,I went to customer service to let them know.when I left the store lot,I saw 3 children and I assume  the mother getting ready to get on a bus.i saw the mother slap her child,then kicked him to the ground.i was mortified!I called my daughter crying.she said asap call 911.i  called police and reported this.i am hoping the store has cameras in the store.ive read about child abuse,but never ever witnessed it.now I can't get this vision out of my mind

Did the police come to the store and interview you? Thank you for reporting it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

No they didn't ask me questions at the store.911 operator asked me questions.honestly,I am having a emotional time with this.im sick to my stomach.i wish police would look at the store footage.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

i wish police would look at the store footage.

@Luvsmyfam  What makes you so sure they have not? confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor
Dispatcher said police might call me.im assuming they have not looked at footage.i hope I am so very wrong.this person needs to have her children taken away.my goodness what kind of person does this?.I know the world has all kinds,but this is unacceptable. Sorry to rant,im just so upset
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Dispatcher said police might call me.im assuming they have not looked at footage.i hope I am so very wrong.this person needs to have her children taken away.my goodness what kind of person does this?.I know the world has all kinds,but this is unacceptable. Sorry to rant,im just so upset

@Luvsmyfam @If she goes this far in public, imagine how far she'd go behind closed doors. Take a moment to think and write down some notes on what you saw in case your memory is needed later.