Valued Contributor

THEY KEEP CALLING  ME TO GET MORE   SOOOOO I BOUGHT A WHISTLE  TODAY THEY CALLED 4 TIMES  THE 4TH CALL I BLEW MY WHISTLE     LOL

Respected Contributor

Credit Cards are evil.... I love that whistle thing though .. great idea !!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: CREDIT CARDS

[ Edited ]

The whistle thing would not work .... I'm sure every time you get a call it's a different person.  So blowing a whistle in their ear probably won't stop the calls.  Just don't answer if you don't recognize the number .... or let it go to VM.  Another option -- block the number.

Trusted Contributor

I only heard of using a whistle years ago when they use to do obscene phone calls.

Normally on these nuisance calls, you can opt out through the automated system.

Honored Contributor

My late MIL would do that, she would blow her whistle at any unwanted callers.

Super Contributor

I screen ALL calls. The whistle can be touch and go sometimes but it actually worked for me a few months ago.

The computer people were aggravating me to get into my computer. One day I had enough of the ringing phone and picked up!! I ended up blowing that thing into his ear 3 times and he still wouldn't shut up. 

I told him I knew he was a scammer and would he like yet another dose of my whistle...there is plenty left? He called me a B--ch and hung up. They haven't called back.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Trusted Contributor

I get calls all day every day from ppl wanting to reduce my CC interest rate. In the past, I've been nice by telling them I never carry a balance, I pay off my card monthly. Then I would pick up and say, "Not interested". Now, I either pick up the phone, click it on and lie it down while they call out my name or turn it on and immediately turn it off. I desperately need a whistle! These ppl are driving me nuts.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, most of these call are robo calls, no human involved, in which case the whistle is a waste of breath....literally.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

My eyesight has been deteriorating recently and I can no longer read the name/number on the phone, so I can't tell who is calling. I do have a whistle and I do use it sometimes when I think it's a real person and not a robo call.  But most of the time it won't do much good because it's just a recording.  Sadly I have to answer most of the time because it might be a real call.

Honored Contributor

Re: CREDIT CARDS

[ Edited ]

Don't answer the phone....the more you answer, the more it will increase calls.  Block numbers that don't leave a message.  You can look up numbers on your computer before blocking to read complaints.  But over 90% of the incoming calls are scams.  It has really gotten tricky because the same scammers will use your area code and the first three digits of your number thinking that you will think it is someone you know.  I know to automatically block when this happens.  I don't put much energy, thought, or emotion in this process...just block and get on with my life.