Respected Contributor

Re: Bereaved Mothers

[ Edited ]

I always feel so bad for my sister. Her only child passed in 1978. My heart goes out to all of you that has had to go thru this. We are going out for the day on Sun. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is my first Mother's Day without my Mom, so it will be hard for me.  And though I am a Mom myself, I don't want anything and don't want to be reminded of the day. 

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

Love and hugs to all of you.💗

Valued Contributor

All these posts are very touching. Thank you for sharing. I lost my mom 19 years ago. Miss her every day. But that is nothing compared to losing a child, or two.

I have always thought of all the mothers who sent their children off to war, wondering how in the world they did it, much less survived their loss. It makes me cry.

Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal I am so sorry for your loss.  My mother would always say that it was not normal to outlive your children.  She also started to have numerous health issues after my brother was killed in a car wreck.  My mom was my BEST friend, my cheerleader, my WORST critic and I miss her everyday.  Just know that your child has RISEN to the skies and is your guardian angel watching over you always! God bless you

Respected Contributor

@BostonMommy I am so sorry for your loss and you are a strong remarkable mother.  A soldier is NEVER fallen, instead they rise...as our guardian angels from beyond the skies.

Respected Contributor
💗💞💜💕💟
My heart aches for those who have lost children. I also know how sad it is missing my Mom too.

Sending you all warm hugs. May you always cherish your precious memories.

🌻💖💐🌈
Esteemed Contributor

@BostonMommy wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@BostonMommy wrote:

Hugs to All Of us Mother's who have lost thier children and Mom's

I have lost both of my son's both while serving in the military. It will 18 1/2  years since we lost our youngest son and 1 1/2 years since we lost our oldest son. I miss my son's so much

My husband tries his best to make it a special day for me. But he knows

Trying my best to stay strong and remember the good times. They are in my heart forever

so very sorry.........

Thank you, I debated whether to share or not. It's hard.

we are a military family....my husband's father died in a military plane crash...in 1956....my husband was 9....and still remembers that day......he recently went to the site where the crash happened...and there were still pieces of the plane there...he left a plaque with the names of the men who perished with him.....you are in my thoughts...

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

This is my first Mother's Day without my Mom, so it will be hard for me.  And though I am a Mom myself, I don't want anything and don't want to be reminded of the day. 

i remember the first mother's day without my mom.....1981.....i felt the same way.....you will be in my thoughts.....

Frequent Contributor
To you dear mothers who have lost a child, love and hugs to you all. I lost my son this past summer and you here helped me so much, I can’t even describe it. Bless you all on this Mother’s Day.