Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Nightowlz In addition to the two things I suggested from my last post.  I would also recommend the Graco Pack'n Play Portable Playard.

The baby can play in it safely while the parents get some chores done. Or he/she can nap in it. And it is also very handy for traveling. It is $50 on Target's site.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 7.20.47 PM.png

@momoftwo2007 

Thanks for posting the baby products. I have never seen booster seats like that for use instead of a regular high chair. 

I could buy all 3 of these items for not much over $100. Wonder if she would like the booster seat high chair alternative?

I need to talk to my MIL & SIL's to see what they are buying. One of us needs to buy a car seat since she has to have it from birth.

@Nightowlz One additional suggestion on the Booster High chair alternative.  I used one from Fisher Price (they likley still have it on their website if you want to look) The nice thing about it was that it had the comfy seat of a traditional high chair and the seat tilted as well. Its worth checking out.  I have a small kitchen so that is why we chose this path initially.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Nightowlz In addition to the two things I suggested from my last post.  I would also recommend the Graco Pack'n Play Portable Playard.

The baby can play in it safely while the parents get some chores done. Or he/she can nap in it. And it is also very handy for traveling. It is $50 on Target's site.

@momoftwo2007 

Thanks for posting the baby products. I have never seen booster seats like that for use instead of a regular high chair. 

I could buy all 3 of these items for not much over $100. Wonder if she would like the booster seat high chair alternative?

I need to talk to my MIL & SIL's to see what they are buying. One of us needs to buy a car seat since she has to have it from birth.

@NightowlzYES!  I highly recommend all three of those items. Even if she prefers the high chair, the booster seat is good for going out to restaurants or other people's houses.  

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@momoftwo2007 

@Nightowlz One additional suggestion on the Booster High chair alternative.  I used one from Fisher Price (they likley still have it on their website if you want to look) The nice thing about it was that it had the comfy seat of a traditional high chair and the seat tilted as well. Its worth checking out.  I have a small kitchen so that is why we chose this path initially.

@Nightowlz  I agree with @mimomof4.  The Fisher Price one is more comfortable since it is padded.  You might want to go with that one instead.

It is about $40 from Walmart's Site. It is Fisher-Price Space Saver Booster Seat

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 2.03.50 PM.png

Honored Contributor

They won't need a high chair or swing for quite a while.  If they are cash strapped, I'd give them a gift card so they can decide for themselves what they need right now.  Pampers are so expensive, you might even consider buying them a big supply of pampers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz  - Since the baby won't be using a high chair or swing just yet, what about a crib or pack & play. Also, you really can't have enough diapers for a newborn. How about you start with the newborn size and add to that size as the baby gains weight.

Sheets, burp cloths, onesies, unscented wipes, stretchies. So many more things needed before a high chair. 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They won't need a high chair or swing for quite a while.  If they are cash strapped, I'd give them a gift card so they can decide for themselves what they need right now.  Pampers are so expensive, you might even consider buying them a big supply of pampers.

This is what I did when my sister had kids.  Friends/relatives had lent her some baby furniture so that helped a lot.  For her shower I bought her diapers and after the shower I gave her a card with a large check inside.  Money is something that never needs returned and one never minds how many checks or dollars they get!!

Honored Contributor

If you are worried about them spending the cash on other things, then I would get them diapers, wipes, onesies, bibs, blankets,etc.....Those are things that they will need right away.....That way you know your money is spent on the baby!