Valued Contributor

We are going to the beach for a week with 5 grandchildren ages 17, 15, 13, 8 and 5. They older kids haven't seen the younger ones in a year and a half. Looking for some board games, card games etc.  they might be able to play together.  Any ideas would be appreciated!

Frequent Contributor

Sequence get the Jumbo version is so fun for all ages

Honored Contributor

@Baylie - Apples to Apples is our favorite. So much fun! Enjoy your beach vacation!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Monopoly is easy to play and understand. I think pairing the 5 year old with one of the teens is fair since 5 is too young to care about how Monoploly rules work.  Let the 5 year old throw the dice and move the piece and the teen partner can focus on strategy and handling the money. Even the youngest can play checkers. So that's a good board to have handy.

Also, everyone knows how to play GO Fish with a deck of cards, so a tournament among the kids can work.  Another easy card game is Cribbage, though you need a cribbage board for that.

I'd make sure there are coloring books and crayons for the very youngest. They tend to get bored quickly and sometimes will enjoy a kids book and something to do alone like coloring or drawing. 

Have fun--hope the weather is perfect for the beach. Don't forget the sunscreen!!

Respected Contributor

I don’t know if you are driving and would have room to pack this but we always take the cornhole game which is set up outside.  All ages seem to love playing it. 

Esteemed Contributor

You better think about FOOD - those teenagers - on a good day - can chow down.  Add swimming - exercise and wow.........take a trailer full.

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Uno is a game for all ages, even teens.  Sorry is a fun board game as is Parcheesi.  Trival Pursuit Family Edition comes with two sets of cards, 1 for kids and 1 for adults.  Google games for all ages for lots of suggestions.  Enjoy

Honored Contributor

Scramble is great or crazy 8's !

Respected Contributor

Uno & Skipbo are favorites with my grandsons.

You will have a great time!

Super Contributor

I agree with the Apples to Apples suggestion. My kids loved it at 5 and still love it as teens. It's good for that broad range of ages you have there!