Trusted Contributor

Re: Any diaper rash magic tricks?

My daughter found some diaper cream that comes on a bottle with a trigger spray at Target. I don't recall the brand, but you could prob find it on their website. I used it on the baby twice and loved that it doesn't get all over my hands like the other stuff does. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter, now 41, suffered from severe diaper rashes. My pediatrician back in the day, suggested to me two things

Put cranberry juice in a baby bottle, can be diluted if you want and let the child drink that, also put the baby down for naps, with no diaper, or covering or blanket,  bare skin exposed to the air, of course put a waterproof pad down in the crib.  since it is now summer it is a very easy time to do that. 

Respected Contributor

Vaseline and cornstarch , it's a little messy but it works . Used on my son when he was prone to diaper rash and the other stuff burned him .

Occasional Contributor

A & D Ointment. It worked for my son too.

Contributor

@CritterKeeper anothe vote for Bag Balm. When my daughter was a baby, we tried everything and this is the only product which worked and it was like a miracle.

Regular Contributor

My son and dil tried everything for my poor suffering grand baby.  One day they called and said you recommended Beekman 1802 pure cream.  I told them that they said it could be used on babies.  Worked overnight.  It's all they now use on her