Super Contributor

I just have to share that I have the best DIL in the world. We haven't seen our 3 GDs in 3 years because they live on the other side of the world and our son hasn't been able to leave his business to come for an extended visit. Our DIL called this past weekend and as a birthday present to their Grandpa is bringing the girls for a 3 week visit a few days after Christmas. We are so blessed that this lovely young lady came into our lives and are so thankful that she loves us enough herself to come visit with her children!

Honored Contributor

You are indeed blessed jewelfool! Sadly, there are many grandparents who cannot say anything close to the praise you are giving your DIL. I do not have, nor expect to have grandchildren, but I was a grandchild who had a close, loving relationship to both sets of my grandparents, and carry wonderful memories of time spent with them. Know that I am smiling with you today!

Honored Contributor

Best Christmas/birthday present ever!!!! I'm sure she's a lovely young woman but I personally don't think she's gone above and beyond what any mother should do for her children and for her husband's parents. They aren't just "her" children. The visit is a wonderful gift for you, the grandparents but morally you have a right to see and have a relationship with your grandchildren. And the children have a right to know the other side of their family. It's important that the kids have that connection. So, if you as grandparents can't or choose not to visit them; it's your son and dil's responsiblity to visit, Skype, send gifts etc to keep family bonds strong. We get so many posts about quarelling, bickering, battling inlaws that it's lovely to see a post about a family that understands what family is all about.

Super Contributor

Oh chrystaltree, we "talk" to them weekly (one of them texts me daily to tell me what's going on in their lives!) and send gifts back and forth across the world. Those girls are as close to us as the one that lives in our town! We are blessed with children that want their girls to know both their heritages. My DIL is from another country and religion...it is very important to them that their children share "ours" as well as "theirs." We are fortunate indeed.

Honored Contributor

What happy news!!

Trusted Contributor

Something great to look forward to.......very nice!!!!

Valued Contributor

You must be thrilled. Miss mine if I don't see them at least once a week. I too am blessed with a wonderful DIL.