Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud  That's a good thought.  I will have him check.  Thank you!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB 

If he enjoys animals, volunteering at an animal shelter/rescue may give him the opportunity to meet some compassionate, caring young ladies there.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Actually he does.  Another great prospect!  Thank you 🐕🐈

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB  Does your son jog or run?

2 of my sons are avid joggers & runners as well as their wives.  Guess how they met? Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  Yes, actually he jogs.  Do you mind if I ask, did they meet in any kind of running group or just running in their neighborhood or park?  🏃

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB  Running/jogging around their town.  One of the towns has a huge park that is pack w/joggers & runners. 

The other town actually has jogger/running lanes in the street where there are no sidewalks! Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  Ok, great suggestion, I will let him know.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor
I don’t know where you live, it many places now have small cafes and other places that are run my people on the spectrum. We have several in the dfw area and you may just need to do a search...your son might find some way to network via these places. I worked with students and adults with autism for years in the classroom, church, and community...unfortunately, COVID closed down our social groups and hopefully they will reopen eventually. Opportunities to meet others has become difficult for everyone
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess  We're in South Florida.  Ok, thank you.  I will have him try that.  😊

Valued Contributor

Re: Adult son with Autism

[ Edited ]

I am going to suggest he try to find a support group for people with aspergers. Maybe even a dating site like this, a meet up, etc. Another human that is like him won't find him odd. My son has a mental illness and hasn't dated in years. It's kind of sad but he seems content with his life. Edit: I don't mean there is anything wrong with him. I am thinking that his social or communication skills may make some women feel he is not dating material. So among his age group, he may be the odd man out but among people with his brain disorder, he may be quite the catch. If he is interested in the paranormal, there is a dating website, I think it's called paranormal date.com from the radio show coast to coast am.