Trusted Contributor

ok, I must be jet lagged as I just posted a fashion report of my trip to London on the LOGO page!  It was meant to be posted here as there are several references to Linea garments.  

I'm sure I'll get slapped by a few LOGO ladies or some strange question marks, but I'm not sure I know how to change the section something is posted in. I will contact the mods to see if they can help.  In the mean time, my travel fashion report is in LOGO!  :-)

Honored Contributor

Re: trip to London

[ Edited ]

Sammijo,

I think you can simply copy and paste your message erroneously placed on the LOGO thread on this Linea thread.

Then return to LOGO and delete your first post.  Simply go to those three dots to the right of your post and choose "Delete." 

Respected Contributor

Copy and paste the content in a new thread over here! But I'm going over there to read it now!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

OK, here is Sammijo's post---I grabbed it before someone get's it deleted over there for "inappropriate content"--then she'd have to start from scratch....

Written by Sammijo:

We just returned from a trip to London and I thought I would share what I observed on the fashion front.

First, dark forest green is EVERYWHERE! Louis is right on the money with the re-order color of the blazer. Even a contingent of the Queen's Guard had a dark forest green jacket/tunic over black pants. It looked really sharp. Animal print - specifically leopard print - is also everywhere - scarves, shoes, sweaters, coats, just everywhere. I did see also quite a few red blazers - longer ones, just like 'ours'.

I also noticed lots of plaid, but I thought that might be a regular British thing as opposed to a current trend. Also trench coats - but again, Burberry invented them, so it might just be standard British uniform.

Not a lot of distressed jeans, mostly trousers, and a wider leg than I've seen here. Worn with shooties, oxfords or low heeled shoes. Still many women (younger, though!) wearing heels - pumps in particular.

I had packed a combo of dark forest green with black and didn't feel out of place. We splurged and had dinner at Rules one night (oldest restaurant in London, founded in 1798 a particular favorite of Edward VII when he was Prince of Wales) and I wore the DFG WK swing sweater over the dark green wool blend knit skirt (remember those?) with black tights and shooties. The texture of the WK is a little finer than the wool blend skirt, but the colors were dead on. I didn't feel over or underdressed. I would love a longer WK cardi in that same color.

I did notice that the fashions were a bit more casual than I saw in Italy last fall. But perhaps I was seeing more tourists in London than in Rome.

We saw the Queen in procession to open Parliament, in the coach with her was Charles and Camilla, so got to see all three! The Queen was dressed in a white dress as I think, was Camilla.

We were lucky and got some really good seats to see Hamilton - the Broadway prices are still astronomical,so this was a treat. It was a terrific play. I wanted to see if we could see the Harry Potter play, but DH just kind of looked at me like I'd lost it!

So, Linea ladies, rock your dark forest green, red and animal print frocks this fall/winter, we are at the cutting edge of fashionistas!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

ok, here's the original post!  

What I saw in London...

First, dark forest green is EVERYWHERE!  Louis is right on the money with the re-order color of the blazer. Even a contingent of the Queen's Guard had a dark forest green jacket/tunic over black pants.  It looked really sharp.  Animal print - specifically leopard print - is also everywhere - scarves, shoes, sweaters, coats, just everywhere.  I did see also quite a few red blazers - longer ones, just like 'ours'.

I also noticed lots of plaid, but I thought that might be a regular British thing as opposed to a current trend.  Also trench coats - but again, Burberry invented them, so it might just be standard British uniform.

Not a lot of distressed jeans, mostly trousers, and a wider leg than I've seen here.  Worn with shooties, oxfords or low heeled shoes.  Still many women (younger, though!) wearing heels - pumps in particular.  

I had packed a combo of dark forest green with black and didn't feel out of place.  We splurged and had dinner at Rules one night (oldest restaurant in London, founded in 1798 a particular favorite of Edward VII when he was Prince of Wales) and I wore the DFG WK swing sweater over the dark green wool blend knit skirt (remember those?) with black tights and shooties.  The texture of the WK is a little finer than the wool blend skirt, but the colors were dead on.  I didn't feel over or underdressed.  I would love a longer WK cardi in that same color.  

I did notice that the fashions were a bit more casual than I saw in Italy last fall.  But perhaps I was seeing more tourists in London than in Rome.  

We saw the Queen in procession to open Parliament, in the coach with her was Charles and Camilla, so got to see all three!  The Queen was dressed in a white dress as I think, was Camilla.

We were lucky and got some really good seats to see Hamilton - the Broadway prices are still astronomical,so this was a treat. It was a terrific play.  I wanted to see if we could see the Harry Potter play, but DH just kind of looked at me like I'd lost it!  

So, Linea ladies, rock your dark forest green, red and animal print frocks this fall/winter, we are at the cutting edge of fashionistas!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Sheesh!  

I almost forgot to mention pleated skirts.  Do you remember a few years ago when Louis offered those elastic waist permanently pleated skirts?  Pleated all the way from the waist to the hem - they were midi length.  They are also everywhere - worn with tights and shooties, pumps even high end sneakers.  I have one in tarragon - not quite dark forest green, but close enough for me! 

I also saw real live panty hose - anyone in a skirt was in hose of some kind.  No bare legs in London.  And it was about 60 degrees - so warm enough to have bare legs.  

Esteemed Contributor

Okay ... this is just my opinion ... but I would love it if pantyhose came back. No, really. My favorite, back a million years ago was from Donna Karan. They were lovely and they lasted a long time if one was careful putting them on.

I only feel good about bare legs in summer, in shorts and after my legs have a bit of a tan. Otherwise, I'm wearing a long skirt in summer and tights in fall/winter. Ain't no one wants to see my dayglo white legs. 

I also adored pleated skirts. I had a great one in black that was tea length. I think I finally gave it to my sister as it became too big for me. I alway got compliments from men when I wore that skirt. I have no idea why they liked it so much.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@Sammijo10 , thanks for the reporting on the fashion trends you saw in London.  I always find it so interesting to see what people are wearing in other places.

Super Contributor

@Sammijo10 I enjoyed reading about London fashions very much!

i too wear pantyhose once my legs lose their tan and the weather turns cool. I don’t care if they have’nt been in. I believe Louis is coming out with some this season!  I see some women going bare legs all year and, at times, I just think to myself that their legs would look nicer and the whole outfit better if they wore pantyhose. Just my two cents

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for your London fashion report, Sammijo!  I bet you fit right in wearing your Linea.  I too LOVE Dark Forest Green, a favorite color for a long, long time.  So I have stocked up.

And thank you Sheesh for snatching up Sammijo's post, guarding against the possibility that it would be taken down.

I love the way the Linea Ladies here work together!