Frequent Contributor

pants to go with the lace jacket

I received the lace items and love the tank and lace jacket.  However, the lace pants did not look well on my short frame.  I think they were too wide.  I wondered if any of the Linea ladies was using a different pant from Louis to complete the outfit.  I have ordered the crop pant that Marybeth wore in the presentation in ivory.  I also ordered the ivory ponte skirt.  Neither has arrived yet.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

Kathleenalice

Respected Contributor

Re: pants to go with the lace jacket

Kathleen what color lace tops did you get?

Frequent Contributor

ivory and indigo  Thanks for any help

Kathleenalice

Contributor

I chose the ivory after I saw so many different ways to style it on LDOs blog. Check it out.

Frequent Contributor

Which pants or skirt did you decide on to finish your outfit?  The lace didn't look well on my short frame.

Contributor

When I wear the jacket by itself I will pair it with his black slim pants and lots of pearls. Also with jeans. Ivory skirt or pants. I’d like to see it with olive.

Respected Contributor

Since you already ordered the indigo pant. I would go with ivoy tank and bottom , and jeans for the indigo lace and for the ivory lace you can wear any color bottom. You can always play with different color shells like red with navy pants, definitely all black or any solid matching top and bottom.

Frequent Contributor

Thank-you both.  I will post when I receive the ivory skirt and crop pant to tell you what looked best.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@westiemama 

Have you received your crop pants and skirt yet? My crop pants will be delivered today, along with the ivory and blue sleeveless matching tank. Per Louis' suggestion, I went up a size in the crops. Hope they'll fit. I'll check back in this evening with feedback.

I also picked up the ivory ponte skirt. It's a beauty. The fabric has a nice heft, great fit and looks classy and expensive on. I then picked the navy ponte blazer at a very nice price that was available "as is." Crossing my fingers on the fit. Could've gone with two sizes. I opted for the same size as the blazers I'd purchased last year (Tuxedo, Mushroom etc.) We'll see...

Frequent Contributor

How did you do with the new items?  The ivory skirt was beautiful and I think looked well with the lace jacket although the colors are not an exact match.  the crop pants did not look well on me.  I think wide leg pants or crops don't flatter my short frame.  I am wondering if the pants that go with the new tunic that is coming the end of April might look better but I will have to decide on the first items I received before the 30 days are up.