Trusted Contributor

I have worn the coat (gray)  for a total of about 2 hours, & already I see some fuzz-like pilling.

Could this be some sort of shedding, which may be acceptable?  Sometimes a bag might rub a garment in a certain area, but this is more generalized.  Has anyone else seen this happen?

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

I have the zebra coat in gray and haven't seen any shedding or piling.  I'll qualify my answer by saying that it's been warm here (sigh), so I haven't been able to wear it a LOT, but so far, so good.  Hopefully you'll hear from some Linea ladies who have been wearing the coat more.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

I've worn my grey zebra coat for maybe 8 hours or more so far and I don't see any pilling or fuzz.  Also, I wear my handbag crossbody so there is always significant rubbing against whatever I am wearing and, again, don't see any sign of wear in that area.

Respected Contributor

I have te coat too, and have worn mine quite few times. I wore it to the theather the other night. I waas in a cab, walked arround the city to see the tree, and it was in my lap for two hours, and then out to dinner. No sign of anything, and I haven't been very careful.

Trusted Contributor

@Magny I've been wearing mine non stop since it's arrival.  The weather here is unseasonably warm- no ice on the lake mid December is unheard of here!  I've noticed a small amount of pilling on the inside of both sleeves, which I easily remove with a sweater stone or just my fingers.  Nothing that would prevent me from reaching for this beauty for as long as the weather holds out!

Respected Contributor

Things that pill:  if you keep shaving or picking off the pills, more will form on the newly uncovered surface.

Too, the friction from seatbelts will also cause wear and tear on tops, sweaters, coats and slacks over time.

if it pills this soon, send it back before the deadline.

Good Luck.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: Zebra Coat ...

[ Edited ]

I also have the grey/black zebra and I've worn it several times a week since receiving it and haven't noticed any shedding or piling. I also use a crossbody bag occasionally and I'm not seeing any issues resulting from it rubbing against the fabric.

This zebra has become my grab-and-go coat thus far this season (along with my Linea trench coats) and I adore it. I think if it did shed, I'd find a way to fix it and keep it.

Frequent Contributor

I have been wearing the gray almost every day since it turned cold here...and unfortunately it too has been pilling something crazy!  It's worse on the underside of the arms and along the sides of the coat...but there is pilling along the pockets and front edges as well!  I wondered if it was just mine as I hadn't seen any comments up until now.  And now I wonder if it is the gray combination only.  I really love the coat and even bought a "defuzzer" gadget here on the Q to try and solve the problem.  I was happy with the results when I used it the other night, but I agree with one of the other posters that the pilling will come back regardless.   I am keeping my coat as I love the style ...I'm just sad that the fabric hasn't held up better than this.   I am even willing to try another color combination if we can determine if it is an issue with the gray for some reason.  I look forward to more input!  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to all for responses.  I will try one more short wearing, & then decide what to do.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I have been wearing my grey zebra coat practically every day for the past couple of weeks now that the weather has cooled down and I did notice on the underside of the sleeve and the side of the coat where my arms rub it has been pilling but it's nothing unusual that I haven't experienced with my cashmere sweaters in the same area.  I just purchased one of those gadgets to remove it.  It's still my go to coat.