Esteemed Contributor

Wondering about a few posters we never see anymore...

Was looking a reviews for a product and noticed tristan111 hasn't posted since last May.  There are other posters too who used to be here all the time. 

Wonder what gives?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Wondering about a few posters we never see anymore...

@gardensla - Yes, there was another person from Alaska, I believe, that posted all the time.  She had photos of what she wore, how she braided her hair, how she painted canvas shoes, etc.  Do you remember her?  She doesn't post any longer either.  It could be that she doesn't buy Linea clothing any longer.

Honored Contributor

@gardensla

I have noticed that also.  Very quiet on the Linea thread.  I think a lot of people must have moved on.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were some who posted that felt as though some posters wanted to keep everything private and make it a club for haute couture for only those who wore only Chanel, St John, Hermes, Fendi, Versace, Linea, et al, thereby thinning the herd.  

It should have never been the intent to thin the herd but to increase the number of posters and allow LDO to grow so we would have more shows and more choices from his line. Tristan was not one of those to whom I refer, quite the contrary.  

But I think many became disenchnated for that reason plus so many bragging about buying multiples of everything whereas most start out buying a few items and then increase their wardrobe but nobody buys everything.  There are thosee who talk about how much they buy, reminiscent of Carolyn's vouching for Denim & Co,that she owns 2-3 of everything.  I say buyer beware of those who say they buy everything and in multiples and then lament the small closets and apartment lifestyle.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@gardensla

I have noticed that also.  Very quiet on the Linea thread.  I think a lot of people must have moved on.  

@DiAnne  @gardensla  ...

Not that I posted all that often, anyway, but LDO's shows are so few and far between, it's difficult (for me, at least) to keep up when he's going to be on the air.  

We're innundated on a weekly/sometimes daily basis with the Troika of QVC ... I've given up ... literally given up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@gardensla

@DiAnne  @gardensla  ...

Not that I posted all that often, anyway, but LDO's shows are so few and far between, it's difficult (for me, at least) to keep up when he's going to be on the air.  

We're innundated on a weekly/sometimes daily bases with the Troika of QVC ... I've given up ... literally given up.

Troika?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday  ...

I must admit that I'm really floored by your response ... particularly your first and third paragraphs.   I never noticed an exclusivity band of sisters mentality.   The camaraderie of sharing "what we bought" is intended as a fun time before, during and after the on-air shows ... not bragging,  just having fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday  ...

The "big three" ... Isaac, Logo, Graver ... on every time, all the time, ad infinitum ...

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Nonametoday  ...

I must admit that I'm really floored by your response ... particularly your first and third paragraphs.   I never noticed an exclusivity band of sisters mentality.   The camaraderie of sharing "what we bought" is intended as a fun time during the on-air shows ... not bragging,  just having fun.

Then you have indeed been asleep at the wheel.  The Linea forum was moved from QVC to a private forum where only the "best of the best" were allowed passage and could post.  Please tell me you are kidding when you say you do not know.  I was friendly with several posters who moved on for that reason.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Nonametoday  ...

The "big three" ... Isaac, Logo, Graver ... on every time, all the time, ad infinitum ...

I do agree that Isaac, Logo and Graver are getting old.  I would love to have more Linea but for reasons I posted, I think his stock which Tristan, some others of us tried to increase, were pushed aside for the very upper crust of QVC (I say that tongue-in-cheek).  I was crushed when QVC did not renew Linea and many of us worked to get him back and it worked. Then several people who wanted their voices heard loudest and longest, who never wanted to hear one negative thing about Louis's items even to the comment that "the size XS did not fit me like in the past," were not allowed entrance into the very private forum away from QVC.  It was a clique of the worst kind if it was meant to promote.