Super Contributor

Will the Limoges blue jacket match the blue zig zag sleeveless top?

I have the Limoges blue ponte knit jacket from a few seasons back, and I am wondering if the zig zag sleeveless top in blue would work with this jacket.  Just thinking about extending the wear of the top, if I purchase it.  TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Will the Limoges blue jacket match the blue zig zag sleeveless top?

It is not a match, the Limoges is greener than the zig zag blue. However, I might try them if you anchor the look with the black or the white from the zig zag. I think it could work then. Lapis blue is a closer match, IMO. That being said, I would not buy one piece to go with the other.

Valued Contributor

No, the colors are off plus the top is a tunic and is longer than the jacket. Not long enough to look trendy just long enough to look odd. Also, this knit, although not bulky, has too much texture to wear under the unlined jacket and gives a thicker look. I have both of these items and love both; just not together. JMO.

Trusted Contributor

Call me crazy, but I have the Limoges Blue seamed ponte knit jacket and I ordered the ziggy skirt in blue/black/white to wear with this jacket along with a white tank or shell. I put them together and I think it looks really good! Now would I wear the jacket with the maxi dress that I have? No. I also took the jacket and compared it to my Lapis blue pieces (pants and sequin set) and no, I would not wear it with those either. I like it with the skirt, and to my eye, it matches very well. Different stroke, etc. 
I do have the LBlue pants on my wish list to order those at a later date. This is a great multi season jacket, even down here in hot Texas. 

Valued Contributor

I wore the blue/black/white zigzag dress one Sunday to worship.  I thought I would wear the black Linea bolero but it did not seem right. After trying several options I finally chose the 3/4 sleeve ponte knit A233182.  I thought it worked.  It was too hot here in NC that day so I ended up not even using the jacket. The blue in the dress is a bit brighter blue than the jacket.

Super Contributor

I was also hoping it would match. Thank you from me as well for that information.