Honored Contributor

Re: Who Are the Linea Ladies?

Kachina624,

I agree with your thoughts.  

My fondest wish is that Linea can be offered on another platform.  If you (in the plural) are inclined to pray for something or think positive thoughts about something -- and you want to continue purchasing Linea -- then please put your thoughts and mind to work.

Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Foxxee I know some millenials and I know for a fact that they wouldn't touch QVC with a ten foot pole! They have been and more stylish places to shop.

@Love my grandkids, I completely agree.  They have their favorite smaller chain stores, along with Nordies and Talbot’s.  And they aren’t too happy Lord and Taylor has closed, either.  I don’t blame Louis, but I think it was a mistake not to include many petite styles.  As a whole, so does QVC.

"I think it was a mistake not to include many petite styles". I agree! 

I have several Linea pieces....crops, petite pants,tops that are sleeveless, short sleeve or 3/4 sleeve,  leather jackets where the knitted sleeves can be cuffed but no regular long sleeved tops or sweaters. 

While I like a lot of his whisper knit sweaters, I don't like rolling sleeves up for everything.  They needed more in petites.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Foxxee The m's I know won't spend 5 minutes watching the Q so there is no chance of being "lured in."  LOL

They also shop many places other than Target and Amazon!

My 35 year old DD wouldn't be dead watching the Q and just laughs at me when I tell her what I have purchased here. 

She works from home right now but finds all kinds of interesting shops both online and in the city (she's in Philly) to buy from.  She likes to support both local and artists.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in a rural village in southern Wisconsin, but we have moved around the country several times throughout my husband's career.  I worked in a medical office before staying home with my four boys (16-31).  I still have two boys at home and the 2nd oldest is coming home for his 2nd semester and then will leave for a different college next fall, so I am still in the cooking, cleaning, and cooking some more mode!  I love it though.  I am on the cusp of an empty nest and am thinking of going to a herbal medicine school an hour away and getting involved in volunteer organizations.

I found Louis when we lived in California and I fell in love instantly.  I never liked shopping much, but I liked beautiful clothing.  It was just work to find my feminine style in quality clothing that wasn't at high designer prices.  And with my husband working and traveling so much, me running the boys to sports and such, I really did NOT have time to go to the mall.  Enter Louis and his beautiful, feminine, quality clothing.  It always made life so easy to look to his new season's collection to get complete outfits with jewelry and I was all set.  It is a pleasure to dress every morning knowing that I am completely ready for whatever life throws at me.  Today, I am wearing the blackberry WK swing sweater, gray WK skirt, and matching gray tights with a silver bead necklace....all Linea of course.

I think that after QVC doing this to Louis twice now, that he may very well look to a different venue IF he would still give us the honor of designing clothing.  That is my dream anyway. It will take me a while to accept this bad decision that QVC made.  I certainly can't see myself coming here after this. I WILL, however, always be on the Linea site and keep up the friendships I have made with the lovely Linea Ladies and our dear Louis!

PS:  I post as "Karen in WI' on Louis' blog.

Valued Contributor

I owned a successful Art Gallery and was a top Real Estate agent. Even though I'm now retired I still wear Linea every day.

Honored Contributor

@golding76  For as long as it lasts, I think SHQ would be a much better fit for this brand. That said, if he isn't willing to travel to PA from NY odds are Minnesota is totally out of the question. I also honestly don't think a 'delegate' is going to be deemed acceptable anywhere, unless it's one selected by the network, with him, perhaps, dropping in from time to time. And let's face it, if QVC didn't want him, odds are HSN doesn't either.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I think you're probably right and I suspect the QVC leadership had a number of issues with LDO, just as they apparenty did with Barbara Bixby... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Who are we?  We are a group of buyers who want and need to buy quality, classic, stylish clothing at an affordable price.  Linea offered seasonal collections so I could coordinate, match and look put together.  What other brand offers this?  
The Linea customer has also been a loyal buyer for 20 years.  Tell me these new brands will stand the test of time like Linea.  
On a personal note, I believe the Q has oversold the comfort stay at home jogger pant, fleece socks, oversize sit on the couch type of clothing.  Come on Q.  I have a life away from my couch.  Enough already.

Super Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@golding76  For as long as it lasts, I think SHQ would be a much better fit for this brand. That said, if he isn't willing to travel to PA from NY odds are Minnesota is totally out of the question. I also honestly don't think a 'delegate' is going to be deemed acceptable anywhere, unless it's one selected by the network, with him, perhaps, dropping in from time to time. And let's face it, if QVC didn't want him, odds are HSN doesn't either.

Since SHQ is in Minnesota I agree I feel he wouldn't want to travel or move there. Also since HSN is in Florida I think he probably wouldn't want to move to that location either.  If QVC won't change their mind & if Louis wants to continue we need to come up with ideas to have him showcase his clothing elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: If QVC is really following the money. I think us baby boo...

@Linmo wrote:

If QVC is really following the money. I think us baby boomers have a lot more disposable income than the millennials do right now, due to student loan debt among other things.  

@Linmo  and a lot of baby boomers are retired or retiring and have much less need/use for Linea-type clothing and more for athleisure.