Respected Contributor

Whisper Knit with Pearls - Sleeves Way Too Long

[ Edited ]

Just got the sweater in pink and gray.  So disappointed.  The sleeves reach almost to the ends of my fingers - and I do not have short arms.

If I lay the sweater flat, the sleeves are about an inch shorter than the entire length of the garment.

The click here measurements say it shoud be 23.875 from the cap - which is misleading.  From the top of the shoulder, it measures 27.5 in the medium - and since it is belled and has pearls all the way to the bottom, it is not fixable.

Sadly, I'm returning both.  I don't see how the model shows the sleeve hitting at her wrist.

It doesn't seem like I got a defective one either - as both measure the same.

So disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Whisper Knit with Pearls - Sleeves Way Too Long

@Isobel Archer  That is such a shame!!! I'm always thrilled to hear when something has longish sleeves because so many items I'd love to have are always too short. That also means, however, that someone else won't be able to wear it for the opposite reasons.

It stinks. : (

Honored Contributor

Well that stinks!  I thought it was a very pretty sweater and would have liked one for myself but I knew the sleeves would be too long for my short arms.

It would have been nice if he offered a petite version.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps (lighting striking twice) the sleeves were incorrect on both items. Contact CS So you don’t get charged S&Hon the return.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Perhaps (lightning striking twice) the sleeves were incorrect on both items. Contact CS So you don’t get charged S&H on the return.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

That's a shame, but I knew having short arms this sweater would never work for me.  Any sweater with bell sleeves, no matter how minimal the bell is, I avoid.

Regular Contributor

I've mentioned this a few times, and found them to work well with woven or flat knit tops:

sleeve garters or tamers.jpg

Whether you call them sleve garters, tamers or even bartender's helpers ;-)

Respected Contributor

@KCFoxy wrote:

I've mentioned this a few times, and found them to work well with woven or flat knit tops:

sleeve garters or tamers.jpg

Whether you call them sleve garters, tamers or even bartender's helpers ;-)

The problem with these is that they break up the smooth look of the sleeve. I have some from years ago from Chico's to use with their

Traveler's Knits to help keep the sleeves pushed up. 

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer  Was justing searching for someone's review of this gorgeous sweater. I so wanted to order the pink, but had hesitated until seeing it on the models. Seemed like the bust in a Medium might have run small? Didn't think to check the length of the sleeves. Such a disappointment.

Sounds like a mistake at the factory. Louis knows his sizing perfectly. What a huge disappointment for him, as well. Thanks for sharing.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Isobel Archer  Was justing searching for someone's review of this gorgeous sweater. I so wanted to order the pink, but had hesitated until seeing it on the models. Seemed like the bust in a Medium might have run small? Didn't think to check the length of the sleeves. Such a disappointment.

Sounds like a mistake at the factory. Louis knows his sizing perfectly. What a huge disappointment for him, as well. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully, I think it is way too early to say that this is a widespread issue---can't base it on a single review. Let's wait until more people receive their items and say that their sleeves are too long before we declare it an issue with this garment.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel