Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whisper Knit with Pearls - Sleeves Way Too Long

Finally received my gray and pink sweaters. I probably will be returning both, but not due to sleeve length, but because of the high crew neckline and because the sweater ran a bit bigger than I expected. I ordered my normal WK size and it fits looser thru waist and hip than I like on my body. I am waiting to try on with a pair of gray jeans I have coming. I am hoping having right pants and boots will pull it all together, because I love the colors of these sweaters.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@GraceCO  Hi Grace ~ Thanks for your review of the WK sweater with Pearls. Not quite as tall as you, but the bust and size are identical. You've helped me make the decision. Have been concerned about this selling out. Even though many are disenchanted with the sleeve length, I'm 5'8" and my posture is always straight; not worried about the sleeve length. It's truly a stunning sweater and once it is shown on the models, confident it will sell well.

Going to have mine already on the way! Appreciate your comments. 

@BirkiLady Hi!  I do hope the sweater works for you! If you're OK with the sleeves being a bit long, I have a feeling you'll love it. Very feminine and elegant. I can't wait to wear mine. I'm thinking I'll just add the new long pearl earrings and that's all it needs. What color did you order? Hope you'll report back when you receive it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO  Hi Grace!  After debating over the pink and lilac, I finally ordered only the lilac mist yesterday. The pink simply isn't a good color with my complexion and beginning gray around my face. I need more color in clothing or look dull/drab and washed out. 

After reading so many of the reviews/replies about the sleeve length, it sounds like Louis knew exactly what he was doing as always! I'm sorry to have read one review and hesitated. That won't happen again. That sweater is so beautiful, sure it will become a favorite  . . . no question about that! 

The weather has a chill in the air and I'm anxious to begin wearing some of these new Linea pieces to brunch tomorrow. Our family is celebrating my grandson's birthday in November to avoid the busy season of December! (We've been doing that for several years. Plus, his gifts are spread out a bit more!) 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@GraceCO  Hi Grace!  After debating over the pink and lilac, I finally ordered only the lilac mist yesterday. The pink simply isn't a good color with my complexion and beginning gray around my face. I need more color in clothing or look dull/drab and washed out. 

After reading so many of the reviews/replies about the sleeve length, it sounds like Louis knew exactly what he was doing as always! I'm sorry to have read one review and hesitated. That won't happen again. That sweater is so beautiful, sure it will become a favorite  . . . no question about that! 

The weather has a chill in the air and I'm anxious to begin wearing some of these new Linea pieces to brunch tomorrow. Our family is celebrating my grandson's birthday in November to avoid the busy season of December! (We've been doing that for several years. Plus, his gifts are spread out a bit more!) 

@BirkiLady The lilac is a really pretty color! If I order another sweater, that will be my color choice. I have the long lilac "flower" necklace & earring set Louis did last year, which will be perfect with it. Sounds like it will be a beautiful color for your complexion and hair color.

As for reviews, the sleeves ARE long, so it was a helpful "yellow" flag for all of us. Hitting pause on an order is just smart and prevents unnecessary returns (which count against Linea) and shipping costs. I truly appreciate the reviews here in the forum especially, because they tend to be candid and organic, so we get a true picture. And, sometimes, I have to see it modeled or just try it and see, as I did this time around. But, then it could be sold out by then! lol 

Enjoy your family festivities today! Such a good idea to separate out your grandson's December birthday in November to give it a separate billing away from the hectic holiday season. I was born a week before Christmas, so I know that drill well!