Respected Contributor

Re: Whisper Knit with Pearls - Sleeves Way Too Long

Just curious.  Do those of you who say the sleeves are fine also have A298459, the  crepe top with flounce sleeves?

I have that and the sleeves hit me at the wrist.  The measurements on the sweater are  just less than 3/4 inches  longer so I am confused.

I'm also confused about 2 1/2 inches below the wrist being optimal - although that's not where it hit me.  It hit me just beyond the first knuckle from the wrist - or about 5 inches below the wrist - in the medium - which is my normal size.  I have a 10 in the blouse.

The blouse says the sleeve is 23.1875 and the sweater says 23.875

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received my pearl sweater in black. For me, it will work, even though the sleeves are long. With arms straight down, it hits about an inch above my knuckes, but when my arms are flexed as in an eating motion or holding a drink, they hit at just below my wrist. I don't expect they'll get in my way. Ordered my usual size medium (I'm 5'9" 38B/C size 12) and the fit is just right. The WK is wonderful and the sweater curves in ever so slightly to give it a beautiful shape.

Hearing that Louis designed the sleeve to be long, I see what he intended in the elegance of the drape. I think it looks beautiful--very feminine. However, I can see how the length would be too long for many LL's. Seems like there is a half inch to turn back, so it may be worth checking out. 

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I received mine last night and they are the perfect length for me. I think Sheesh is correct in knowing these would probably not work for her arm length. If this kind of long sleeve doesn't come in a petite I think it's best to take Sheesh's advice and stay away, especially where it can't be shortened. 

Actually, I'm not giving anyone any advice---it's just not for me because I have short arms.  Louis designed this with a longer sleeve to give it the right drape---see GraceCo's post about her fit. Sounds like at least one person has a sleeve measurement that is longer than what is described in the Click Here measurements. I think it is still too early to say whether or not there is a manufacturing issue with some sizes. More people need to get the sweater home and try it on.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Got the Pink one today...the color is more peach then pink.  The sleeves are way to long on me...I am 5'4" and ordered the XS (thought I had ordered XXS but not so) and it goes beyond my 1st knuckle...and the length in the body is too long on me also.  Over the appearance is that I am not in the correct fitting size for me.  As for the material and the pearls they are both lovely.  I would say if you are not on the tall side this will not fit correctly due to the overly long arms as per the designers intention.  I did not measure the sleeve length to compare with the measurement for "click here".  I will do that tomorrow before I send it back.  Also mine when on in the front the color/dye looks almost spotted...I don't know if it was the lighting in my bathroom or what.  It was dreary and raining all day...but sometimes these tops look ok in different lighting.  Anyone else with the pink one notice that??

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite

I have the pink, the color is even and lovely..the sleeves are fine on me as I have long arms.  The pearls are particularly beautiful and in harmony with the pink color.  I bought the small..at 5'4",  I am unsure of the sizing.  This is my first whisper knit top..very comfortable fabric. I just ordered the extra small to see if it might be a better fit.  If not, I will keep this one.

Frequent Contributor

I got the grey today.  It is a beautiful soft dove grey color,  The pearls make it really special.  I got the larger of my whisper knit sizes, medium.  I'm 5'5" 160 lbs.  My arms are probably longer than some people's?  The sleeve length is perfect for me; below the wrists.   I'm VERY happy with my sweater!  Louis has KILLED me this month!  All the holiday jewelry and clothing!  Bad girl bench for me!!

Respected Contributor

Received the pearl trimmed pearl sweater in black, today!  It's stunning in it's simplicity.  The sleeves for me at 5'9" are perfect.  It's a personal preference but for me the body of the sweater is far too long and I do not care for the length with the sequin pants.  I will have it shortened and remove the length up to the split sides.  It works better for me and looks wonderful at that length with the sequin pants.  This is not a criticism of Louis' design, just works much better for my height and body type.  I am awaiting the black and pearl necklace to complete his outfit.  I have Louis' cream pearls from years ago and it surprised me how lovely they look with the sweater.  I could have sized down but when I read the description it said semi-fitted and I prefer my sweaters to have a looser fit but I found the description to be a little misleading because it is not semi-fitted.  It is a beautiful sweater and am very pleased!

Esteemed Contributor

I was going to pass on this sweater but curious me went to look at the pictures and I think I like it.  I don't mind the longer sleeves if it's past my wrist but not covering my fingers.  I'll wait for the presentation too but I like the ice grey, lilac mist and that nude pink that I think would look awesome with the multistrand seed bead necklace in the nude pink and possibly the ice grey color.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO  Hi Grace ~ Thanks for your review of the WK sweater with Pearls. Not quite as tall as you, but the bust and size are identical. You've helped me make the decision. Have been concerned about this selling out. Even though many are disenchanted with the sleeve length, I'm 5'8" and my posture is always straight; not worried about the sleeve length. It's truly a stunning sweater and once it is shown on the models, confident it will sell well.

Going to have mine already on the way! Appreciate your comments. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I got my sweaters today and love them! I'm 5'7" and wear a size small. The sleeves land at about halfway between my wrist and my knuckles. Since I won't be wearing these to scrub the toilet or fry up bacon, they are the perfect length for me. Just right for sipping wine, dancing up a storm or watching a movie or play. I think they would be less elegant if they were shorter.