Frequent Contributor

Whisper Knit pants sizing suggestions, please!

I saw on Louis's blog that blackberry WK pants will be offered later in the season. I passed on these (and was sorry I did) the last go around but I do remember a lot of sizing comments/recommendations to size down from your normal pant size.  I can't pass these up again and don't want to have to go thru the return/exchange process. I currently wear a 1X in the slim ankle pant (A265615). How far did you size up or down from your usual pant size?  Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whisper Knit pants sizing suggestions, please!

I didn't realize or maybe I forgot the WK pants were coming back, I was able to purchase them in navy and dark forest green.  I normally purchase the xl in the tops and cardigans in his WK because I am busty but the WK skirts and pants I size down to a large because I am not very hippy.

Personally I found the WK from before pretty generous even sizing down to the large but I like the drape and would not size down further than that. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am a curvy girl and I went down a size in the wonderful WK pants. I often go down a size in the WK sweaters, as well.

Valued Contributor

Down a size for me too!!!!  I usually wear small (occasionally an XS) and XS are plenty roomy!

KK

Honored Contributor

Previous versions of WK pants, I stayed with my Medium size.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never purchased any of Louis's whisper knit pants.  It will be a dilemma as to sizing.

Valued Contributor

@shoptilidrop1989, another vote here for getting a large, assuming the new ones are cut like the original.  The big problem with the WK pants was length. They were all over the place. I had to get a few to get a length I could deal with. I ordered petite and I remember one was 35" long.

I love the WK pants and hope they come in petite because there isn't any way I could shorten a sweater.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year I got these in Black and sized down to Small and they fit great.  But now I'm looking at the Click Here measurements and the Medium looks more appropriate.  Wondering if these will fit any differently?  I'm going to have to measure the pants I have and see and hope they haven't stretched too much!

@shoptilidrop1989 I re-read the blog and it looks like there will be a Blackberry Long WK skirt and Slim Ponte Pant, not a WK pant.  But there is a new Port WK pant.

Trusted Contributor

Hoping the sizing will be more consistant than the first time. I have three pairs of the WK pants, all the same size but they are all cut differently.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

I can't seem to get on the "Ask Louis" blog tonight.  Has anyone asked him if we should order the same size that we did for the last WK pants?  I am sure he is very busy now getting ready for his shows tomorrow.

KK