Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whisper Knit Sweater w/Pearls is Posted!

@TrudeySorry, but Isaac's pants are not classic enough to wear with LDO's sweater IMO. (That was painful to answer.)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Trudey

Too much.  I agree about solid black pants, the black sequin pants, winter white?

Depends on the party too.  Get the sweater home and play!  See what works or looks best to your eye.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trudey

I agree with @Somertime and @BirkiLady. Too much. It might look as if you're trying to hard.

Perhaps accessories might be a better alternative. A pearl clutch, simple pearl embellished shoes and of course pearl jewelry would be a direction I'd explore. For me this sweater speaks to an understated elegance. A quiet sophistication that you want to attract the right kind of attention and compliments.♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

GOT IT!!! LOL.

Regarding what to wear with this top:

For me, the pearls on the sleeves are the accessory. For this reason, I will be wearing the new drop pearl earrings Louis brought us  (up now) and either black slacks, a short or long WK black skirt and that's it. For me, anything else (even a necklace) will be too much with the sleeves.

I LOVE this sweater. Bravo, Louis!!!

Respected Contributor

Anyone know when this will be presented? So beautiful...trying to decide on color...they all are gorgeous!
Respected Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

Would you wear this Linea sweater with these Isaac pants?  Or is it too much?

https://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live%21-Regular-247-Stretch-Faux-Pearl-Hem-Ankle-Pants.product.A34...

"No, no, a thousand times no!"  LOL. Keep it understated and elegant with Black Pants or Skirt (if Skirt, then Black Tights), Black Suede heels or Booties and some outstanding Pearl Earrings---no necklace or bracelet---let the Sweater and Earrings do the talking.  You will be very chic!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Black pants and earrings it is.  Now, about sizing...compared to some other sweaters I have in size medium, the chest measurement is a little smaller in the pearl sweater.  Are you staying with your regular size?

Honored Contributor

@Trudey Are the other size M sweaters WK? I have the WK side cut tunic and the pearl sweater is an inch larger around the chest in the same size as my tunic.

WK is a forgiving fabric; I would order your normal size (and I'm busty so that says a lot, lol).

Respected Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

Are you staying with your regular size?

Yes, stay with Medium.  The WK fabric has its own natural stretch due to the rayon knit. 

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

I love it, especially the lilac. I'm afraid the sleeves would be way too long on me. They look a little long on the model even.