Trusted Contributor

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@morganjen @nyc1 @Barbara in Virginia Yesterday I went to his blog and also went thru some of his items on QVC. When I have more time I will take a closer look.

I am specifically looking for a long-sleeved sweater with perhaps a mock turtleneck and cable style, so was focusing on that when I was quickly scanning his QVC items. 

I did notice the whisper knit name, wondering if it was similar to Susan Graver's liquid knit in texture/feel.

Yesterday I also started to watch some of his video presentations, wanting to hear what he says about his creations, but time was getting away from me. Hopefully I will be able to do more of that after the Holidays.

Did look ahead a couple of weeks on the QVC schedule to see if Linea was scheduled, whether he is there or not for the presentations, and didn't see anything. Of course, there could be pieces of his shown here and there during some of the two-hour clothing programs that include many brands. I prefer to watch a full hour of him presenting so I get a good feel of what he is all about.

Thanks for your input! Appreciate it. Heart

Honored Contributor

Susan Graver’s Liquid Knit is a polyester/spandex blend & Linea Whisper Knit is a rayon/nylon blend. Two completely different fabrics.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Susan Graver’s Liquid Knit is a polyester/spandex blend & Linea Whisper Knit is a rayon/nylon blend. Two completely different fabrics.

And as JJM said, they are not even remotely similar fabrics---no real comparison.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I was not a fan of turtlenecks until I tried his. I love them. I have many of them - regular turtlenecks along with the longer swing ones. Regular turtlenecks I prefer a large. The swing ones I order medium.

Respected Contributor

He also offers fantastic jewelry and hosiery all here on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

And as JJM said, they are not even remotely similar fabrics---no real comparison.

I brought SG's liquid knit turtlenecks solid colors many years ago they were around forever it was a two-pack deal, not only is the fabric totally different but unless your body temperature stays warm/hot it did not keep me warm,  I always had to wear a cardigan or a sweater vest over it, in fact I wouldn't even call it a knit not sure why they threw that in there but the WK is definitely a knit with substance and it keeps you warm in the cooler weather, however I wear my WK tank tops in the summer and I am still comfortable not hot.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@morganjen @nyc1 @Barbara in Virginia Yesterday I went to his blog and also went thru some of his items on QVC. When I have more time I will take a closer look.

I am specifically looking for a long-sleeved sweater with perhaps a mock turtleneck and cable style, so was focusing on that when I was quickly scanning his QVC items. 

I did notice the whisper knit name, wondering if it was similar to Susan Graver's liquid knit in texture/feel.

Yesterday I also started to watch some of his video presentations, wanting to hear what he says about his creations, but time was getting away from me. Hopefully I will be able to do more of that after the Holidays.

Did look ahead a couple of weeks on the QVC schedule to see if Linea was scheduled, whether he is there or not for the presentations, and didn't see anything. Of course, there could be pieces of his shown here and there during some of the two-hour clothing programs that include many brands. I prefer to watch a full hour of him presenting so I get a good feel of what he is all about.

Thanks for your input! Appreciate it. Heart

@World Traveler  In my world,  there is a HUGE difference between Whisper Knit and SG's liquid knit....  HUGE!!!!  The two times I purchased LK,  back it went back immediately.  It felt cheap to me.  Whisper Knit is a gorgeous fabric with a nice feel and hand, and doesn't cling. It's more substantial.   Please understand, this is just my opinion and not meant to offend anyone who likes the LK.  

Respected Contributor

I hve never bought S. Graver's LK. but isn't that a cut and sew fabric? Whisper knit is a sweater. There's a world of difference.

Honored Contributor

Okay, went for it! Didn't want to wait until he came back.

Ordered A72448, Whisper Knit Long Sleeve Turtleneck in Heather Blue. Looks beautiful on the video. The down side is that it is not scheduled to deliver until January 4, but that gives me something to look forward to.

I ordered true to size for me, based upon other things I get at QVC. Please let me know if I should be sizing up or down for his pieces or if you find his sizes to be the same as most of the other lines at QVC. I still have time to change the size.

Excited to get it!

Linea Whisper Knit Turtleneck.jpg