Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What to wear with the scarlet ponte pants?

awww, thanks so much and just like your name @loveschocolate you are too sweet! 🍰. There are so many Linea Ladies who post their outfits. They have impeccable taste and share creative ideas and styling suggestions that we all benefit from reading. Do you have a specific garment you are interested in styling? 

I've continued to think about these scarlet red pants too and my mind is full of ideas.

@Seka mentioned dark forest green. I like olive too. Plus the darker khakis some of which have been called "camo" of late. The khaki color in this summer's dress with the laced sleeve detail is a beautiful compliment with reds. Taupes too.Think about jewel tones and brights also. Regal rich purple or violets look great with red, Sapphire or rich teals, emerald greens, mustards from French's to Dijon play well too. A classic look can be put together using rich tones with a similar tone or depth of color. A rich mustard blouse, olive belt, red pant with one of the many olive jackets in suede, leather etc thrown over the shoulder would work for me. A Red, purple and gunmetal combo. Red T Neck, red pant for that column of color with anything, bright or otherwise added as an accessory belt or scarf and just about anything over the shoulders would work for everyone. I could go on and on! Accessories will pull any look together creating endless options.

I'm expecting a delivery of some red suede pumps today. I'm excited and will report back.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS, no specific outfit. Love reading everyone’s posts about what they are styling with what. I watch and record the shows too! So much great information! Report back about your new pumps! ❤️👠

Respected Contributor

Matching reds isn't as tricky as say, greens. I have a reversible Koos jacket. It's a linenish cotton so the fabrics might not be compatible. I put it next to my trench and silky red blouse tunic and they are fine. Reds in a print or scarf at the neck may work. 

Respected Contributor

@clarika wrote:

Hi all, I am very seriously considering buying the Scarlet

P.S. No black suggestions, don't wear it (skin too pale).

Actually, Black looks the best on very pale skin--think Elizabeth Taylor!

As for other colors---Navy, White---even the right shade of Purple or Violet!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

There's a newly posted thread with a pic of a Ralph Lauren plaid pea coat on the fashion forum that would be darling with the red pants. DFG too.(and much more)

Respected Contributor

Chambray blue or a baby pale blue looks pretty with red. In the spring I'd wear a yellow sweater and white or navy jacket.

Honored Contributor

There are so many beautiful plaids out there.  I got a beautiful jacket at Von Maur with a grayish charcoal background, checked with what looks like a greenish stripe and a red thread running through it with a lighter gray color.  I would wear that with a crisp white shirt and those pants. 

Easy peasy to find something compatible and complimentary.  What about the houndstooth on the market, jackets, sweaters, white blouses, striped red/white blouse by Brooke Shields and so much herringbone. 

Have you looked at Zara.  Just tons of stuff out there. 

Black denim jacket with a white camisole, shell, tank, T-shirt or white blouse/shirt with same. 

Lots of prints out there with red in them.  Color does not have to be exact.  Let your imaginagion run wild.  Those pants can be dressed up or down depending on what you wish.