Regular Contributor

What to wear with the scarlet ponte pants?

Hi all, I am very seriously considering buying the Scarlet  Ponte pants but am wondering if I would ever wear it with anything other than the Scarlet WK Turtle neck?

Coloured pants would be a big step for me,so any ideas?

P.S. No black suggestions, don't wear it (skin too pale).

Honored Contributor

Re: What to wear with the scarlet ponte pants?

Ivory would look great

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Navy, pink (shocking combination but can be wonderful, gray, cream, white, print with reds and pinks, 

Esteemed Contributor

Navy, grey, white or beige, any printed top with red in it, a denim shirt.  A navy blazer would look especially nice with these pants. 

Respected Contributor

i think a soft grey cashmere type sweater would look nice. scoop neck perhaps.

Honored Contributor

Obviously black, a tan or even alabaster would work. If you have it, the other scarlet red is A285546 in WK & it’s ENR.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I thought the same thing. But I do have in addition to Tneck the quilted jacket and a silky blouse from L. Also I do have two long shirt with red in print. One is from Koos.

I am truly shopping in my closet. Found a great denim jacket with faux fur collar from Dennis Basso. I live in a beautiful pre war apartment. Unfortunately it has very little closet space. After I'm done declutering I'm going to go through clothes.

Thought of taking photos so I wouldn't forget what I have. Has anyone done this.

I know I don't have red pants!

Respected Contributor

I love Dark Forest Green with Scarlet Red.
Esteemed Contributor

Camel jacket, fabric or leather/suede, white shirt, pop the collar, black belt with texture or patent, animal print shoes. Simple jewelry. 

If you can wear charcoal or similar shades of a rich, saturated gray... dark gray blazer/jacket. White shirt, collar popped. Animal print belt. Dark shoe, black or dark gray.

Whisper knit long tunic in scarlet red or ivory with companion long topper in either color or contrast with the tunic and accessorize with Louis' long necklace. I'd select his Etruscan silver beads which are truly lovely, understated simple, lightweight and worn long, give a long lean look to you and the outfit.

Navy? If you wear it, it's a an option you can pair with any shirt or simple sweater. Stripes, floral or solids. A great denim jacket would work too. A super bag or knockout tote and out the door you go.

Think of the red as a neutral. Everything will go with it. Don't be afraid and shop your closet. You will be surprised. I'd also suggest if wearing a different solid on top to accessorize to pull the two together. Try and avoid the two color blocks from cutting you in half. Scarves, belts, handbag, hats and jewelry can pull a look together... NOTE, do not mean all of these at the same time. That's an overkill.

With holidays coming, consider soft metallics too. Even satiny silk or silk like fabrics in beautiful prints, beaded etc. 

Your options can be endless. Relax and enjoy this new color adventure and have fun @clarika!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS, I need you to come to my closet and “style” me! 👗👠👖👢