Esteemed Contributor

Re: What shoes to wear with the wine and port (and blackberry)?

I'm going to try some deep rather than shiny metallics with my port pieces. I think they would look very rich together.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

If anyone's interested the rose gold shoes are a Lunchtime Special today.  They're Isaac Mizrahi.

Frequent Contributor

Update on shoes:  I got the rose gold shoes yesterday.  They are very uncomfortable and one of the shoes is way too small.  Sent them back.  I found these shoes at Marshall's, Lucky Brand, and they match the wine items perfectly!IMG_1590.JPG

Respected Contributor

I think these shoes might go with the Blackberry WK pieces.

A295315

They are Clarks Chryssa Jane.  $120---but I got them at Macy's Online for $75 with an additional 6% from Ebates and Free Shipping!

I'll report back when they are delivered.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

There is a Marc Fisher suede shoe here that matches the blackberry (to my eye) perfectly.  I have the "big deal" shirt in blackberry and will wear those new shoes when I wear that shirt with jeans or some other pants. 

I ordered those booties (2 pairs) and the suede was worn off and had white patched.  There were reviews that said the same thing.  I should have heeded the warning. It's a shame as the color was perfect with the Blackberry.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

I think camel's and tan'd are beautiful with wine shades.Woman Happy

Camel just gives everything a richer, more sumptuous look.  If camel goes with it, wear it and even if you do not think it does, try it.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  so, I agree that Camel's and tans are beautiful with wine colors.  

Valued Contributor

I have a wide foot, and can not wear heals so I am limited.  I am hoping I get the wine dress and leather jacket.  I found these A298055 in Bordeaux, (not sure about the over the knee part).  Also A279976 in Currant Jam.  I don't think they will go with blackberry, I plan to wear black with that.  So we shall see!