Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Wrong With Louis?

Louis and Jac always took their trip to the Caribbean in the summers.  He got a great deal of design inspiration there for his warm/hot weather collections.  And once again -the BD as an example- Louis mentioned the tropical flowers and colors. 

Jac was feeling pretty good for their vacation last year.  I'm sure Louis is very grateful for those happy times together, but I'm sure the memories are bittersweet.  The models at QVC have been such good friends for him.  They go back many, many years and have been a real boost for him.

Super Contributor

He seemed happy. What's wrong with that?

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@ceicei50 wrote:

I thought he was fine and enjoying himself.

Ditto. He was joyful & playful today. 

Why a thread was even started about this is beyond me. 

Tritto.  

Honored Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

Louis and Jac always took their trip to the Caribbean in the summers.  He got a great deal of design inspiration there for his warm/hot weather collections.  And once again -the BD as an example- Louis mentioned the tropical flowers and colors. 

Jac was feeling pretty good for their vacation last year.  I'm sure Louis is very grateful for those happy times together, but I'm sure the memories are bittersweet.  The models at QVC have been such good friends for him.  They go back many, many years and have been a real boost for him.

actually, it was 2 years ago. very hard to believe how quickly this time has flown by.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Louis is the person I enjoy watching the most on qvc.  He is always amusing, fun, down to earth, and informative.  So there.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I don't know what this post is about. Stirring the pot if you ask me. Louis seemed fine and he and the girls are really family. I don't think the flip of the hair was intended at all to disparage Maria in any way. I don't think he was off or in a bad mood, Leo or not. He was having fun, and so were the models and Pat. If he couldn't remember a name, so what.. He has a lot to remember. He seemed to get it all right in the end. I enjoy watching his shows and listening to him more than anyone else. He givers us all the important information we need and then has fun. What's wrong with Louis? Nothing.

Honored Contributor

I must agree with you @Kachina624  - this show with Pat & louis was very off kilter. I've never seen Louis talk over the host like he did in that show. He made Pat appear as if she knew nothing about his line, like she didn't know what she was even talking about. The minute she started talking he totally overrode her. It was loud, confusing.

Pat is a great host. You could tell she didn't understand what was happening either. Her professionalism eased her through this show however as she 'backed down' while he just 'went on and on'.

I had to turn them off as it was hard attempting to listen & watch. It was very odd.

Respected Contributor

I find the title of this thread to be very upsetting.  I can understand someone not caring for Louis' designs or the fit of an item or it's length but not his presentation and his demeanor.

It was a very fun three hours with Pat and Gabrielle.  Louis and his models are very close and have a very good rapport with each other.  It was a good light hearted 3 hours which was a nice change.  

Someone on his website found it necessary to chastise him about what she perceived to be rudeness toward Maria!  Of course, she stated she would not leave her name and posted under anonymous.  Louis' response corrected her perception.  How awful he had to defend himself.

He is a kind talented man, kind, caring, a gentleman from the old school with lovely manners.  What other designer takes the time to answer any and all questions on his website.  He even will tell you what to wear when you have questions about your top or bottom or jewelry.  It's having your own personal stylist, free!

Just think this was all undeserved!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now I regret my "Leo" comment.  I did write that at the time I wrote it that I had not seen the presentation and that I was having some fun with my horoscopic statements.

I hope my comment was not perceived as an attack as I had not viewed my recording at the time of the writing.  Looked at it later and did not pick up on any problem.

Respected Contributor

Wow. I can’t believe someone anonymously posted on Louis’s blog, all upset about the hair flip. Good grief...