Respected Contributor

What are your favorite fabrications and colors

Louis has given us so many beautiful fabrics/fabrications in such gorgeous colors.  What are some of your favorites?

Super Contributor

Re: What are your favorite fabrications and colors

Whisper Knit,  any color.   

Valued Contributor

I prefer natural fabrics, so I don't own much from Louis. I did buy and keep that beautiful embroidered skirt he did, and I have absolutely no place to wear it. Just too beautiful to pass up.

When Katrina was hosting that last show, she continued to talk about his armhole configuration, how it is so slimming because he cut them higher than many others. I don't know anything about armholes, but I found it informative and also noticeable on the models. There was a black top with ruffles that I am still thinking about, and my only hesitation is the fabrication.

Trusted Contributor

In the current offerings, whisperknit, trench coat fabric and cotton nylon mix. 
of fabrics past, the silks , cashmere blends and wools.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

WHISPER KNIT!  Cardigans, T-Necks, Sweaters, Tanks, Pants, Skirts, Dresses, Scarves/Shawls.......LOVE them all - and in most colours offered.  From the Fall Collection ordered doubles in all colours of the Cardigan, Skirt and the Sleeveless T-Neck....I wear Whisper Knits through all 4 Seasons.....41A2E03B-535A-4B33-86F8-DC6AD58ADE9F.jpeg

7B13E2BC-7E0C-46FD-80EF-44BA523D4014.jpegF45741F1-1F38-413E-8DB2-C05F08CACB8B.jpeg

419D44D1-0474-4669-971A-1F1C74B799E5.jpeg

5439F0D0-9DA1-4363-B923-E760ABE5C9A6.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Whisper Knit, Posh Knit, the real silks and wools of long ago! 

Colors are harder I don't wear beiges and I try to avoid black but most other colors I like.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm probably the odd one here because I prefer natural fabrics, but did buy some of his clothing.

I think his best fabrics were leather, cotton, faux suede, and acrylic used for the last plaid blazer.  

Unfortunately, I wasn't shopping at QVC when he offered wool, suede, silk, and linen.  

I liked his almost black, midnight navy; although he didn't call it that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

loved his real silks (and bob mackies also), his whisper knits, and his feather jersey knits. i also liked his cotton/spandex blend pieces.

colors......black at #1 always and i loved his jeweltone bright colors, especially reds, hot pinks, ravens purple, sapphire blue.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Whisper Knit-every color, every configuration!

Esteemed Contributor

What I liked most about Linea, even more han the styles, were the fabrics.

In no particular order of importance: WK, super ponte, 'lamb leather, faux suede, silk, the embroidered tulle skirts, microfiber hosierY, fleecy- lined knee high socks, poly/span tops and maxi dresses, Linea Leisure pants fabric, TCF.