Respected Contributor

Re: What Linea by Louis Dell'Olio are you wearing today?

[ Edited ]

It has been a busy day full of last minute things to get done before Christmas. 

I have to make some dressing to go with turkey for tomorrow.  Since Mr.Writer and I are eating less carbs these days, I replace the cornbread and regular breadcrumbs in my mother's recipe with low-sodium Ezekiel breadcrumbs, crushed Triscuits, and riced cauliflower from Costco.  It actually turns out pretty well.

I already have made homemade cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries, a little chopped apple, walnuts and Splenda.  

Tonight's dinner will be my MIL's tradition of making Chicken a la King (she always wanted something different from turkey or ham on Christmas Eve.)

Today, I am wearing a red turtleneck, black super ponte pants, and a Chico's ruffle-necked textured velour overshirt as a jacket. 

I have some red faux suede flats that work with everything and, more importantly, are very comfortable.  The earrings are the clip red cabochon ones from several years ago.

jewels2

Of course, I am wearing some red lipstick to "keep the season bright." (Butter London Lippy Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in "Ladybird") 

Trusted Contributor

I will be wearing my red/navy tartan blazer and the red TN with the Fez necklace, black slim skirt and Linea black tights tonight to Christmas Eve candlelight service.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I probably won't be online on Christmas day but I do know what I will be wearing for a quiet day celebrating Christmas at home.

I will be wearing my Linea Dark Forest Green faux suede pants

with a coordinating sweater (from another manufacturer) with ruffled arms in a dark green that matches the LDO faux suede pants perfectly. 

LAne Bryant Green ruffle arm sweater.png

A pair of Louis' trouser socks in dark forest green will be paired with a pair of Evan-Picone suede captoe flats with a green leather toe.  

My earrings are a pair of malachite stones set in a gold filigree setting.  I'll tie a vintage Anne Klein print scarf in dark green and gold around my neck.

Respected Contributor

Today I am wearing what many Linea Ladies have referred to as their "uniform":  a black Whisperknit turtleneck

and Super Ponte slim pants.

Since it is a little nippy, I an wearing the "oldie but a goodie" LDO black and ivory houndstooth shawl/scarf.

patti, b&w outfit, shawl.jpg

My jewelry pieces are "blasts from the past"--silvertone knot earrings (Anne Klein? Trifari? Monet?) and a Coldwater Creek three-strand silvertone chain necklace.

patti, b&w outfit, necklace.jpg

Kelsey Dagger black flats with a white captoe complete the look.

patti, b&w outfit, shoes.jpg