Honored Contributor

Re: What Linea Are You Wearing in APRIL?

[ Edited ]

It was cooler today than yesterday and I wore from CWC their agave green boxy pullover sweater over the Leisure taupe pants.

Boxy Shaker Pullover, Agave Green, large 

Monet gold hoop earrrings and wearing a nude eyeshadow by L'Oreal with Urban Decay Loaded eyepencil on lower lashes and on upper lashes Urban Decay Razor Sharp Liquid liner in Street color with a 2nd line of same brand liner in Kush color.

24/7 in color Loaded

Street Razor Sharp Liquid Liner

Razor Sharp in color STREET

Kush Razor Sharp Liquid Liner

Razor Sharp in color KUSH

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom  Love that you include your eyeshardow colors! You are definitely put together & color coordinated. Very nice.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Today is Earth Day and there are the Marches for Science in many cities around the US & the world. Two of my sons are marching in two major US cities with their respective spouse & GF.

I wanted to go but other obligations kept me here.

Wearing today the moss crepe 3/4 sleeve top in black with the Leisure black pants.

Wearing Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero at lower lash line, nude eye shadow on lids in a medium brown from L'Oreal with the Urban Decay Razor Sharp liquid eyeliner in Perversion and then the Abyss eye pencil on the upper lash line above the black liner.

Wearing Brighton Marrakesh jewelry -- earrings, necklace, ring and bracelet posted below.

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio 3/4 Sleeve Moss Crepe Top - A273862

24/7 in color Zero

24/7 in color Abyss

Perversion Liquid Liner

Razor Sharp in color Perversion

Marrakesh Marrakesh Large Hoop

Marrakesh Marrakesh Short NecklaceMarrakesh Marrakesh BraceletMarrakesh Marrakesh Ring

Respected Contributor

I live in Chicago. So today I wore the Linea Pullover Hoodie(A268127) in Taupe brown, Linea Earth Brown Leather Moto Jacket, Linea expresso straight leg super ponte pants, Hermes scarf, Ripka Tiger's eye earrings, Ripka Sterling Chrono watch, FLY LONDON Yip boots in Espresso Suede. It was perfect for the day.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmomI just today picked up 2 Urban Decay eye pencils in Desperation and Stash--first time ever using this brand. They glide on so smoothly. I usually use the Makeup Forever aqua pencil, but think I'll switch to UD.

Dinner out with DH...wore the gauze crepe wide-legged pant in black, a black WK tank and the gauze crepe tunic in linen. Linea big chain hoops in gold. Kate Spade crossbody bag matching the linen.

mardi5.jpg

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO, you are going to love those eye pencils. I must give credit to Suzyq3 for telling me about them in the Beauty forum.

Since I have brown eyes, my favorites are the purple shades like Psychedelic Sister, Rockstar, Ether or Vice. Bourbon, Hustle, Corrupt & Whiskey are my faves for brown shades. For those who want a change from basic black Oil Slick is really unique.

And I like Deep End & Electric for turquoise shades. Mildew is a nice olive color. The only color I wish they would make is a medium green. The closest  pencil to that color is Lancome's Drama Liqui Pencil available only at Sephora in the color Pacifique. Worst eye pencil on me is Woodstock which makes me look awful -- great for dressing up as a zombie! One UD salesclerk suggested I use it as a lip pencil! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@GraceCO, you are going to love those eye pencils. I must give credit to Suzyq3 for telling me about them in the Beauty forum.

Since I have brown eyes, my favorites are the purple shades like Psychedelic Sister, Rockstar, Ether or Vice. Bourbon, Hustle, Corrupt & Whiskey are my faves for brown shades. For those who want a change from basic black Oil Slick is really unique.

And I like Deep End & Electric for turquoise shades. Mildew is a nice olive color. The only color I wish they would make is a medium green. The closest  pencil to that color is Lancome's Drama Liqui Pencil available only at Sephora in the color Pacifique. Worst eye pencil on me is Woodstock which makes me look awful -- great for dressing up as a zombie! One UD salesclerk suggested I use it as a lip pencil! 

@JustJazzmomI tried the pencil in Stash as soon as I got home and I was surprised with how easy it glides on and without much effort I could get a good line.  I've been looking for a better pencil for awhile now --haven't had much luck with the liquid liners--and so glad I picked this one up at Ulta today. I need to figure out the best colors for blue eyes & start trying a few more colors.

I also tried the concealer from Tarte that everyone is raving about--Shape Tape (weird name!)--and it lives up to the hype! Ulta has been out of stock both in stores & online because all the bloggers are pushing it, but they had my color today and it gives great coverage without sinking into the undereye creases.

What do you use for your foundation?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GraceCO

Foundation -- that was tough originally since I am one shade in spring, fall & winter and another in summer. It took a long time to determine what I call winter vs. summer shades. I like powders and liquids. I started with Lancôme Dual Finish and prefer a kabuki brush over the puff that is included in the compact. I don't use primer when using powder but use the La Base Pro by Lancôme when using the liquid Teint Idole. I like that ithe Teint Idole contains sunscreen. When using the Dual Finish I apply first a moisturizer containing sunscreen like Garnier Skin Active Clearly Brighter. I let the moisturizer dry before doing the foundation.

I use a foundation brush for the liquid and find that the Teint Idole being in a pump works for me. A squirt on the brush does 90% of my face. This one bottle lasts for me between 3-4 months when used daily.

I wear the Dual Finish Clair 210N and in the liquid Buff 210N. 

I also like Urban Decay's versions and I use in the Naked Skin powder for spring/fall/winter the Medium Light Neutral and the Naked Skin liquid in either the 2.5 or 3. Again I use a kabuki brush or the foundation brush. Make sure to shake all the Naked Skin bottles before using the liquids because of the peptides in them.

Lately I've been using concealer to hide some broken capillaries and use the Urban Decay Naked Skin Light Neutral shade -- a few dots works well to cover these up. For some eye circle shadows I use again a few dots in the shadowed areas --  the Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Corrector in Pink.

I like the UD concealers because they are not tacky but light liquidy consistency. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @JustJazzmom for all the good info! I've been alternating between IT CC and Chanel Vitalumiere, but I'm finding that using a primer makes a big difference and also the beauty blender! I'm going to try your  Lancome foundation next. It's all trial-and-error and I'm always looking for the "holy grail"!

Today, is a chilling at home day and I always reach for something comfy...WK black pants and the hooded pullover sweater in oatmeal, black ballet flats, DY pearl earrings.

0a5fcf3cdbe876c277bac96400d9794b.jpg

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @GraceCO

The biggest problem is trying on foundation with dept. store fluorescent lights then going outside into natural sunlight and seeing it be a little too dark or on the orange side. Try to wait for a sunny day if going to a store to try on foundation. Many cosmetic counters will let you walk outside with a mirror to see how you look.

Today I was gardening -- removing those dandelions and the weeds cropping up in among the pavers. My good old dandelion tool works really well! A screwdriver works in a pinch too!

Wore the Linea A273871 in the peach with the taupe Leisure pants. 

After that, I went food shopping and am finally sitting down for a well deserved rest.