Respected Contributor

Re: What LDO pieces will you be wearing New Year's Eve?

@LIndaMJ wrote:

What a great idea @Writer with Flair!  DH and I will be staying home and we'll be having a turkey, not sure what with it yet.  I will be wearing my alabaster faux suede pants with the alabaster lurex sweater.  Not sure about which jewelry yet. 

LindaMJ,

I absolutely love anything Louis has made in the Alabaster color.  That outfit sounds like a winner.  Be sure to let us know what jewelry you will wear with it.

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I will be wearing my navy sequin pants with my navy lurex sweater and the blue swag necklace and earrinhg.I have navy satin sandals that work really well. Have a Happy New Year everyone.

Sounds elegant!  That jewelry and those satin sandals are the perfect touches to your outfit.  I am so glad Louis was able to give us the navy sequin pants and the lurex sweater this year.

Honored Contributor

Our favorite restaurant is taking reservations for New Year's Eve but we are staying home. Were I leaving the house, I'd wear a camel/black tunic from Louis' line, black pants, black shoes with a chunky heel. Accessories would be just a gold necklace and earrings. 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Our favorite restaurant is taking reservations for New Year's Eve but we are staying home. Were I leaving the house, I'd wear a camel/black tunic from Louis' line, black pants, black shoes with a chunky heel. Accessories would be just a gold necklace and earrings. 

Your outfit sounds great!  You never can go wrong with LDO classic styling!

Valued Contributor

@Writer with Flair Oh right, it was Petrol Blue & Bright Olive, not Peacock & Light Olive!

I got the Nutmeg scarf & Petrol Blue tank & cardigan.  Louis sure has given us so many beautiful options over the years!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am deciding between three outfits to wear for our New Year's Eve celebration at home. 

OUTFIT ONE:

The Linea by Louis Dell'Olio latte embroidered skirt    .     .     .

.    .    .    with a black Beldini top with latte satin-edged ruffles around the neck.

FINAL, Belldini top.jpg

With this skirt and top, I will wear some Latte Faux Pearl and Rhinestone Bee Earrings by Kenneth J. Lane and a pair of Talbot's black suede flats with sheer latte shimmer hosiery.

.     .     .     .     OR     .     .     .

OUTFIT TWO:

The Linea by Louis Dell'Olio ruby sequin top and matching Skirt with a vintage quilted red satin mandarin collar jacket.  I also will wear sheer red hose with red suede sling back heels, and large vintage faux ruby and faux diamond pin (pinned on the jacket) and matching earrings.

red sequins

.     .     .     .     OR     .     .     .

OUTFIT THREE:

The Linea by Louis Dell'Olio scarlet red swing jacket (buttoned closed)

Shntung1

with Louis' black faux suede pants.  I will wear black Adrienne Vitadini black sequin flats (with a sequin flower on the toe) and black sheer trouser socks/knee-highs.  A pair of large round vintage sequin earrings and a large black satin and organza lapel flower will complete the look. 

Valued Contributor

@Writer with Flair you are going all out on your stay-at-home outfit!!!   Any one of them will be spectacular!!!   Have a fabulous evening & Happy New Year!!

Contributor

I have no plans yet and the weather is supposed to be raining here- but I’m going to wear the navy sequin top I think. Christmas eve was freezing and outdoor for safety reasons. I wore my black lurex sweater with black faux suede skirt- topped off with the red trench and pearl necklace multi strand with colored stones to brighten my face. Then Christmas I wore the red slim pants with the BD cardigan and turtleneck in black( I can’t remember jewelry). Saturday I took my nieces for dinner and wore the navy lurex sweater, swag necklace, navy faux suede skirt and black faux suede trench. All times feeling put together and very comfortable.
We must celebrate and wear festive outfits even if it is just for ourselves. It certainly brightens my time.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tipsy wrote:

@Writer with Flair you are going all out on your stay-at-home outfit!!!   Any one of them will be spectacular!!!   Have a fabulous evening & Happy New Year!!

Emerald,

Back at'cha on having a fabulous evening and a Happy New Year.

I love to dress up so I decided not to let being at home cramp my New Year's Eve style.  To paraphrase that great Duke Ellington song, "It don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that BLING!"

Respected Contributor

@Sarah from the South wrote:
I have no plans yet and the weather is supposed to be raining here- but I’m going to wear the navy sequin top I think. Christmas eve was freezing and outdoor for safety reasons. I wore my black lurex sweater with black faux suede skirt- topped off with the red trench and pearl necklace multi strand with colored stones to brighten my face. Then Christmas I wore the red slim pants with the BD cardigan and turtleneck in black( I can’t remember jewelry). Saturday I took my nieces for dinner and wore the navy lurex sweater, swag necklace, navy faux suede skirt and black faux suede trench. All times feeling put together and very comfortable.
We must celebrate and wear festive outfits even if it is just for ourselves. It certainly brightens my time.

Sarah from the South,

I totally agree.  There are a lot of things I cannot personally change in the world right now, but I can put together a great Linea by Louis Dell'Olio outfit that makes me feel creative and happy--which I think is a good thing. 

By the way, those ensembles of yours sound GREAT!  Looks like you are a big lurex and faux suede fan like me.