Honored Contributor

Tlhis is a very interesting post.  I do think that when someone goes to a country for a short time they actually do not get an accurate picture since they are doing tourist things in probably the bigger cities and the best places and not going where there are average people.  There are 3 female exchange students from France in my area and they say clothing is basially similar here.  They actually had leggings and hi lo tops they brought with them as well as boyfriend jeans and cargo pants. 

Respected Contributor

The French have their styles and I have mine. Works well that way I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

DS stationed in Germany. Said he had to get rid of all his old pants for skinny jeans. That's all the young guys are wearing.

I do not like that look on men. Other DS just bought a new suit. The pants were more narrow, not skinny. He is tall and thin. I did not like the way the pants looked on him, either.

Respected Contributor

Re: What I saw in Paris...

[ Edited ]

I think slim leg jeans a shirt or sweater, and a well fitting blazer is their uniform, and a scarf is their main accessory. They have been dressing like that since the last time I was in Paris and that was quite a few years ago. Hose surprises me. When I was there everyone has bare legs.

Respected Contributor

Re: What I saw in Paris...

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 - Enjoyed reading your post!  Really interesting about the shoes (love pumps with a block heel).  When I travel - have always enjoyed watching people to see what they're wearing.  It's nice to see the differences and the similarities.  And often, the fashion trends do come from Europe.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed reading your post, @Sammijo10. Thanks for sharing!

I would be interested to know if the French women were wearing a ton of makeup?

Honored Contributor

I should move to France.  I don't own any leggings or shark bite hems.  I have three drawers full of scarves - wear them more often than jewelry.  Love pop of color bags but I also love pop of color shoes.  The panty hose is interesting - wish that would catch on here.  

Honored Contributor

DiAnne, heaven knows I wear pantyhose  whenever I wear a skirt or dress, and I wear one or the other often.  Had my pantyhose on today in church, under my Whisper Knit skirt and faux-wrap sweater in fuchsia.  There was a distinct chill in the air this morning, and I MUST stay warm.  Truth is, it has to be very hot for me not to wear some sort of knit -- as the main event or as a cover.  

The odd thing was that several women wore fuchsia today.  It certainly made a presence today for those who wanted a girly color but not a delicate pink.   I was unaware that the color was big this season.  I realize mine was from several seasons ago, but the other ladies appeared to be in newish frocks.

Honored Contributor

Sammijo, thank you so very much for this post.  I loved learning all the news from your first-hand account, and I appreciate the attention you paid to particular sartorial items.  Fantastic reporting!

Valued Contributor

Sammijo, this was wonderful, thanks!