Valued Contributor

Re: Washed the new trench and blazer

Kachina 624:  Thank you so much for explaining about your great results in laundering the new blazers and trenches at home.  I totally understand why you are laundering "new" items from QVC.  I live at the far northern border of the US and there literally is NO dry cleaner closer than a couple of hours drive.  I won't be opting for that and it is wonderful to know that if I spill something on one of my new blazers that I can actually do them in the washing machine and hang dry and have great hopes for a good outcome with minimal steaming  .  Thanks for those encouraging words.  Your input is greatly appreiated!

Valued Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@mary0129 wrote:

You are a brave woman...glad it worked out for you and Louis too.

Why was I brave? The instructions on the labels say to machine wash. I have washed enough of his items to know how they hold up. I have his faux suede items including the anorak jacket that have washed beautifully.   

I think I will keep my tips to myself in the future, though. Hugs to the Linea ladies who are always very kind. 

Please don't. Not everyone who reads this forum is ignorant. I found your information very reassuring and helpful. Thanks for that.

Respected Contributor

@TheOwl wrote:

Kachina 624:  Thank you so much for explaining about your great results in laundering the new blazers and trenches at home.  I totally understand why you are laundering "new" items from QVC.  I live at the far northern border of the US and there literally is NO dry cleaner closer than a couple of hours drive.  I won't be opting for that and it is wonderful to know that if I spill something on one of my new blazers that I can actually do them in the washing machine and hang dry and have great hopes for a good outcome with minimal steaming  .  Thanks for those encouraging words.  Your input is greatly appreiated!

Thank you, @TheOwl.  I was the original poster, not Kachina.  Thank you for your very nice note.  I appreciate your kindness.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

@Zhills How racist!  Quite an assumption that Chinese people are not clean.

Not racist!  Have you ever worked in a sewing factory?  I have and they are not clean by my standards!  The factories are not clean, not the people!

Respected Contributor

The past few years the awful odors on new clothing has become  a real issue to me.  I went shopping with my granddaughter this past weekend at a huge outlet mall.  I was amazed (and grossed out) by that awful chemical smell permeating many of the clothing stores....I couldn't imagine working there and smelling that all day.

Super Contributor

Here is a link to "Intelligence for Life" where Connie Selleca gives some reasons for washing new clothes before wearing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgnjqb3kgMI

Frequent Contributor

IMHO, I am unable to press as well as the cleaners.  Each is own.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fair Lady , thank you.  I worked with someone who caught scabies from jeans from a secondhand store!  It appears that qvc irons returns before sending them out again which hopefully kills creatures.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic