Respected Contributor

WOW! Sneak Peek Crepe Gauze Blazer! WOW!

This Blazer is a Beauty!  LOVE the LODEN!

D5D2CA0C-7541-4B8B-B925-EC4B9814EB02.jpeg

Summer blazers………….Winter blazers……………Transition blazers…..are they all one in the same? I would think if you live in a warm climate the answer would be an immediate NO……..Being a BLAZER MAN, and in a period of fashion where blazers have never been stronger,  I felt compelled to come up with the perfect Transition Blazer…………..The fabric would be of primary consideration….then the construction……….The blazer above I believe to be the perfect combination……….The fabric: GAUZE CREPE…..The construction: tailored where it needs to be un-constructed for weight and comfort.  The great majority of you know the Gauze Crepe fabric well….Due to working with the fabric for so many styles I knew it sewed well, and the duster showed me it could be tailored…..but could it be tailored into a blazer? I think the photos prove that yes it can. This is a three button jacket, but I prefer the top or the top two buttons buttoned only….For those of you with hip issues the top button will be enough giving you a cutaway bottom as the top photo in the right column….The BODY OF THE BLAZER IS LINED…..but not the sleeves. This keeps the jacket light and cool feeling…….You can even ROLL UP the sleeve like a shirt for a more casual look. There are shoulder yokes at the top, and two epaulettes for a military look. There are two patch pockets with buttoned flaps………There are shoulder pads to give the blazer a strong shoulder look, but they are SNAP OUT………The length of the size 4 blazer is approx. 28 inches from HPS……..For my Southern Ladies I did this blazer with you in mind so you may want to give it serious consideration…..For the Ladies in the rest of the country this is, as they say, a no brainer………The pant is the NEW BOOT CUT PANT in black, A366190……So many of you have asked me to please do another style pant in the lighter Ponte knit of the A265615 slim pant…here it is……Unfortunately it will not be avail in petites this go round. If it is as successful as the  Boot cut pant in the Super Ponte was, and it gets reordered then perhaps they will order it in a petite length…That is exactly what happened with the Super Ponte pant…..If you like your suits all in one fabric then there are still Gauze Crepe bottoms in Black avail. in different silhouettes………The NERO TREVI NECKLACE and EARRING were the perfect accent to give the suit the perfect punch……………………………..enjoy………………………much Love…………………………….Louis

D1A36F97-045F-45FC-B085-1D1B58B6DF03.jpeg

…………How many different looks can you achieve with one blazer and one top? The black top is the Whisper Knit sleeveless shell, A302609………From left to right the bottoms are the New Camo skirt, A351473 [sneak peeks to come], next the Dk. Olive Boho skirt, A70208, next the new Loden Boot Cut pant in the light weight Ponte, A366190…..Now add some new accessories like the Fern Swirl necklace or the Nero Trevi necklace and coordinating earrings…………..and this is just the beginning. Enjoy putting your own looks together!…………………..enjoy……………………….much Love………………….Louis

430777D4-8480-47F1-9DA9-8F6E55A9B6E4.jpeg

…….For a more relaxed look to the blazer there is nothing simpler than a white tee shirt and a pair of jeans…………Add the Sapphire Blue scarf and the Trevi necklace and earring in the Blue for some eye catching accessories……….Jac would have worn this her way with a pair of her favorite sneakers…………………………enjoy…………………..much Love…………………..Louis

0B23E82E-4570-4CEC-8192-AB150EC7022D.jpeg

….DARK KHAKI is a beautiful neutral color. Some may even call it Taupe. It’s a very European color. I have it paired with the new Dark Khaki Ponte boot cut pant, and a black WK shell. The pant and the blazer are in two very different fabrics so the colors blend more than match…….To accessorize I chose the new double tiered CHAIN GANG necklace in Gunmetal and Taupe resin links………I love the jacket worn with the sleeves rolled. Since they are unlined it gives the blazer a relaxed look……………….enjoy………………………much Love……………………..Louis

A93EDD13-7317-41B4-8D30-B1F4DA77DCEA.jpeg

….Ultimately all the clothes you own are SEPARATES, and should be mixed with things you own. This is how you get mileage out of what you own. This is how you bring new life to what you already own………Take your Dark Khaki blazer….add your white tee and add your cranberry scarf and Carmine Trevi necklace and earring, and add your jeans to create a very different look from your matching suit………..CLICK “OLDER POSTS” FOR MORE!……………enjoy………………………much Love………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: WOW! Sneak Peek Crepe Gauze Blazer! WOW!

Love, love, love the blazers!  Looking forward to the new sneak peek of the Camo skirt.  Looks like it will be short and very flirty!  A fabulous look with the blazers!!

Oh boy, oh boy.............his fall looks are going to be stunning!

Respected Contributor

Love the new lighter Ponte Knit Pants!  And the Camo Skirt!  And the Chain Gang Jewellery!  There goes the budget!  And we haven’t yet seen the Faux Suede Trench and Pants - or the Plaid Blazer.

Respected Contributor

WOW, is right. These are clothes you'd expect to see in a Saks or Neimans. Beautiful. The jewelry is gorgeous as usual. Th Bistro necklace and earring are stunning. 

Super Contributor

I don't care for it.  Too manly and military looking for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Credit cards- prepare to ignite. Here comes Linea Fall!

Respected Contributor

@Somertime
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I’m in Florida so this will be perfect for me! Loden and black please. Khaki is beautiful but looks crummy on me.

The camo skirt is so cute!!

I miss out on a lot of the gorgeous fall and winter stuff. I buy some of it because I can’t resist, but sadly it often goes unworn or rarely worn. So this will make up for some of the suede and warmer pieces I can’t get. 😊
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I asked Louis about the length of the Camo Skirt.......

Dear Seka…..the skirt is approx. 25 inches depending where you place the elastic waist band. I will also have my Linea Body back for Fall so there will be tights to match!”

Oh Gosh! Linea Body Tights are coming back!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I adore this blazer with the soft skirts!  I adore a blazer that is constructed in crepe gauze!  Fabulous concept.  The entire look is, to my eye, in "le style francais." 

Do others see it this way?  It taps into something that I like.

How exciting that the Linea line is producing more cold-weather scarves.  The Sapphire Blue and Cranberry will be part of a set, according to Louis on his blog.  Hmm, sweater and scarf?  Long, heavy sweater and scarf?  Duster and scarf?  Scarf and gloves?  Now I wonder what will will be the components of this set.

My Linea Whisper Knit scarves are among my most prized WK pieces.  (Not exaggerating -- true.)  

ETA:  Louis responded to my comment about new "Whisper Knit" scarves.  He pointed out that he did not indicate they are WK.  I suspect they will be made from the new knit that he has hinted about.  Louis chooses soothing and comfortable knits for us, so I am excitedly looking forward to this newcomer.

You know, I've been reminded this summer about how we can be very unwelcoming at times to new fabrics.  Remember Feather Jersey knits?  At first, I was among the doubters but then bought a few pieces.  Am I ever glad I did!  This hot, hot summer -- this cauldron we call warm weather -- I have worn my Feather Jersey so often and rued that I had not bought more pieces.  I've pillaged eBay of all pieces in my size.  

2nd ETA:  Louis says it's not a knit and that I'll have to wait until September.  Is it a sort of crepe, I wonder.  Maybe the scarf comes with a blouse...  

Esteemed Contributor

Not only is the loden blazer gorgeous but the camo skirt is definitely on my radar.  I expected the blazer to be in numerical sizes so I will pass on that but it's a beaute.