Respected Contributor

WOW! Blue & White Stripe Shirt for Summer!

May 31, 2020

“THE BLUE/WHITE STRIPE SHIRT”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 9:36 AM

……………….I love a clean, fresh BLUE & WHITE STRIPE SHIRT,  especially in an unexpected fabric and a wonderful shape. A379908, is the style number of the one above……..You would think just from looking at the photo that it might be your typical cotton or cotton blend….slightly stiff men’s shirting, but it is NOT!…The fabric is 100% RAYON……It is LIGHT AS AIR and very gossamer…flowy and cool. It literally weights nothing. It’s like the lightest hankie……This will be a joy to wear in the hottest most humid days….If you wish to wear it open with a tank that will look wonderful too….. It’s a classic “end on end” weave meaning in one direction there is a white thread and in the other direction a blue thread creating this chambray effect….If you look at the photo at the lower right you will see a blow up detail of the stripe….It is a FANCY STITCH WEAVE, which adds to the beauty and special appeal of the fabric. It feels like spun silk….the hand is that marvelous……It has a classic shirt collar and stand. It also has long sleeves with a double pleat into a one button shirt cuff…..That’s wear the “classic” ends. It has elongated handkerchief sides with slits…The front measurement for the xxs is 29 inches….It has BAND POCKETS to give you that relaxed wonderful attitude of a lazy afternoon….It buttons with faux pearl buttons…….I did press it when it came out of the bag to get rid of the fold marks and I gave the side seam a good “open press” meaning I laid it flat on the board and pressed. This took all of 4 minutes because the wrinkles came right out with a little steam and iron……..Wear it as a shirt or a shirt jacket…..Above, I have my Super Ponte WHITE CAPRI PANT, and the WHITE NUGGET necklace, earring and cuff [not shown]. At the upper right there is a double photo of the second color…..ESPRESSO and WHITE worn over the ESPRESSO/WHITE DOUBLE PANT…..in a word the combination is SUPERB……………………You need to have your photo taken in a white wicker chair!…………………..enjoy………………much Love………………….Louis

“THE ESPRESSO/WHITE STRIPE SHIRT”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 9:36 AM

………………The second color being offered in this shirt is ESPRESSO and WHITE………Of course white bottoms and espresso bottoms will look perfect……..but……..if you really want to IMPRESS and make a STATEMENT……the Espresso and White double layer Gauze Crepe pant is just fabulous! I purposely did the shirt in this Espresso color to go with the pant and it is outstanding. Roll the sleeves for a very nonchalant attitude…open the collar and put on my new shell necklace called….”TONGA”………The body of the shirt is very similar to A378730, the Crepe Gauze shirt. This shirt is a little longer in the front and back covering everything…..It also dips a little longer at the sides,. Even at this longer length it is still wearable for all……Why does a TARTUFO or a vanilla ice cream cone with frozen chocolate on top come to mind when I look at this color combination!…………I must be hungry for ice cream!!!!!………………enjoy………………….much Love…………….Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: WOW! Blue & White Stripe Shirt for Summer!

Yes, I like Both! Thank you for posting @Somertime 

Honored Contributor

Really nice. I may need (I mean want) both colors.

Trusted Contributor

I love that it's rayon instead of polyester .  Will get the blue.

Honored Contributor

I love the fact it not polyester, love the shade of blue but it is an easy pass for me because of the length and the hem.  That leaves more for everyone else so enjoy. 

Respected Contributor

Love everything about this shirt, and rayon too. A big yes for me.

Trusted Contributor

the blue and white reminds me of the Greek flag

Unknown.jpeg

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

Looks like a lovely shirt but think it may be too long for me but will wait for presentation.

Respected Contributor

Love the Espresso!

Valued Contributor

I agree with @DiAnne I love the color and fabric and style except the length and fabric around the hips.  that style is not good on shorter people.