Respected Contributor

my wk pants are stretched out. I was thinking of having them blocked at the dry  cleaners. Has anyone done this?

Respected Contributor

I was always successful when I washed them in cold water on delicate and then dried them on the lowest setting and then still damp laid them out to dry.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

If the fabric contains Spandex, each trip in the dryer decreases it's elasticity so it eventually is "stretched out". Unless the fabric is 100% wool or cotton, I doubt it could be blocked, although it could be nicely pressed, only to return to it's previous condition as soon as worn.  Spandex is what keeps the knees and rear from bagging but heat destroys it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Wisper Knit does not contain spandex.  I wash all mine in the wash machine, hang to dry.  You do not need to send them to the cleaners

Valued Contributor

I wash mine on cod and dry in the drier. No problems.

Respected Contributor

I also do not like bagged out pants so subsequently returned the whisperknit pants and tunic. That being said, you can wash the whisperknit pants in cold water and woolite and dry flat.  The pants will probably resort to their original shape.

I have done that same thing with the super ponte pants and they went back to original shape also without the bagging.

Respected Contributor

There is no spandex in WK. I think I'll wash them on cold and then put in the dryer for about five minutes. I couldn't find my silk pantaloons which does help. I can ask my cleaners what they would do; they usually send me home with washing instructions. I don't remember when I last dry cleaned anything.