Honored Contributor

Re: VINTAGE LINEA? ANYBODY RECOGNIZE?

@rochelleS 

Hope it was not the one that seller dewbeary had for sale because it's no longer available. I just went over to check it out. Can't believe it was $21.97. The seller has 100% feedback so doubt you would have any problems.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom 

I'm not sure if you can post a picture there and I don't know how to post a link. 

Honored Contributor

i dont recognize it, BUT, i believe there have been some prototype pieces created over the years that never made it to mass production, for one reason or another. these prototypes could have made it to the qvc outlet stores or other retailers.

it does look like something he could have done.

can you message the seller and ask them for a pic of the label?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Yep, that's the one! I did buy it too. I put an offer in that was accepted this morning. The seller hasn't been very active lately but their 100% rating certainly was a big plus.

I didn't recognize the jacket either. I know I missed a lot of the early Linea, but do watch for the vintage items, even if not in my size, just to familiarize myself with these past beauties. I was hoping someone here would recognize this one. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@JustJazzmom 

I'm not sure if you can post a picture there and I don't know how to post a link. 

Open to the e bay page the item is on. Hold down your mouse over the address , highlight it & hit copy. Go to LDO site and then hit paste.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Yep, that's the one! I did buy it too. I put an offer in that was accepted this morning. The seller hasn't been very active lately but their 100% rating certainly was a big plus.

I didn't recognize the jacket either. I know I missed a lot of the early Linea, but do watch for the vintage items, even if not in my size, just to familiarize myself with these past beauties. I was hoping someone here would recognize this one. 

@rochelleS 

Hope it's Linea. Even if it's not I'm sure it's worth the price you paid. Enjoy your new jacket.

I always check the feedback on Ebay plus what else the seller has. If they have lots of a certain brand it makes me wonder if they are fakes.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 

Thanks. I've already requested a pic of the label and item #. 

I have purchased many of the "sample" Linea garments. Often in colors the buyers may have declined or slight variations in style that have been perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Nightowlz , I hope it's a Linea too. Regardless, and like you said, it's worth the (even lower) price which was accepted in my offer. 

I've been back on the bay helping my Sister pick up some Linea pieces. I see many more and different sellers listing product. Above and beyond the individuals who may be clearing out their personal garments, it's those others with very large inventories that I do not recognize. Yes, to reading reviews and feedback ratings. An absolute must. 

Honored Contributor

I have a couple boucle jackets from LDO and that looks like it could be his, although I have never seen that one, to my knowledge.  It is very pretty and I hope that the buyer enjoys it as much as I have enjoyed my vintage Linea.

Respected Contributor

That is a beauty, but one I don't recognize either, and certainly could have been a sample or prototype that never made it to mass production.

He did have a boiled wool TSV years back with embroidery, I had one in the grey, have it no longer because it was just too big now and one can't hold on to everything, alas.  However, it was a wonderful jacket.  That does lead me to believe this one is a Linea as well, and it does look like his wool boucle.