Respected Contributor

Re: UPDATE on A230025 animal jacquard jacket aka tortoise shell jacket

@TheOwl
I wish I had jumped on the bandwagon when more colors were available. Love the idea of wearing it over a lightweight dress. It really is a slimming, flattering jacket. No wonder it's a favorite!
Respected Contributor

@TheOwl

Mine too.  I own four of them chocolate, olive, gray and topaz.  I wish I owned the raspberry one that you own.  I look terrific in all of them.  I accessorize them differently  to my hearts content. My sister's also purchased one each and they love them also.  They are perfect for my business traveling.  One of my all time favorite purchases from Louis.

Honored Contributor

Re: A230025 animal jacquard jacket aka tortoise shell jacket

@rochelleS wrote:

@crazycockermom

1. TaDa!!! So glad you love this jacket! The multiple reorders speaks to its popularity and now you've joined the happy ranks. Too bad the gray won't work out for you. Who knows if one will pop up, hard to say. Here's a couple of ides that will work with your gray boho and more. Can't find the jacket in its gray/black color combo but the pic will give you some food for thought. And the top, another popular item loved by many will be complimentary in this 'taupe' color.Screenshot_2017-07-13-12-57-51-1.pngScreenshot_2017-07-13-12-50-16-1.png

Both from ebay. You can check size info and read reviews if you're not familiar with these garments. 

I wear my gray boho with a capped sleeve white lacey style blouse which has applique cutouts around the neckline. Paired with a deep mustard soft leather belt, tied on. Nice contrast, several colors will compliment the gray and make it interesting and pop. A straw hat, sandals and out the door.

I have a short medium light colored denim wash jacket that looks nice if needed on a cool day. 

Enjoy your new jacket!

I have both of these items from years ago and in multiple colors.  Fantastic--great fabric and styling.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

@TheOwl

Mine too.  I own four of them chocolate, olive, gray and topaz.  I wish I owned the raspberry one that you own.  I look terrific in all of them.  I accessorize them differently  to my hearts content. My sister's also purchased one each and they love them also.  They are perfect for my business traveling.  One of my all time favorite purchases from Louis.

I see a few of the raspberry available today 7/22.  I ordered one.  I have the olive.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl wrote:

This jacket is one of my all time favorites.  I have three colors.  I wore the red over a pair of black slacks to a Dr. appt. and as I got ready to get on the scale, the busy nurse finally noticed me and said "Wow!  You look good!"  I think it knocks off more than 10 pounds Smiley Happy  And you feel so confident in it.  I like to wear the red one over a red dress I have in a light weight jersey.  Barely a whisper of a thing... I zip the jacket up to where I want it and the red skirt flows so nicely below the jacket.  It's almost criminal going out in public feeling like you are in jammies.  Definitely an eye catcher and one of the nicest fits Louis has ever designed.

@TheOwl

I must say your post intrigued me very much.  I vaguely remember the Raspberry color and of course videos showcasing it are long gone. I never would of thought it paired well with red until you mentioned your lovely outfit (s). My radar started buzzing and I went into high gear. Lucky, lucky me, finally one popped up in my size and it's in process now! With no problems barred I'm excitedly looking forward to receiving this vintage color. Thank you so very very much!

Do you own any scarlet red garments? Will this jacket compliment that shade? Hope so!

Have a wonderful day! 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I do own the Linea swing sweaters in tobacco in both boat neck and v neck as well as the Linea clay v neck sweater.  I put them all next to the Linea tortoise jacket in topaz.  They were all perfect in color together.  Another combo that surprised me was I put a pale pink turtleneck under the topaz jacket and tied it in with a pink scarf that had that topaz color in it.  Those colors were a good and different combination also.

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom

I am looking at all foru etruscan necklaces also.  I love the copper, russian gold and green patina.  I am hesitant on the silver as I have a great deal of silver jewelry. The jewelry show will be fun!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@culebra What is the item # of the clay V neck? Thanks.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

Linea whisperknit rib neck pullover in Clay A259623.  It is currently sold out, but you might look on Ebay.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

@JustJazzmom

Linea whisperknit rib neck pullover in Clay A259623.  It is currently sold out, but you might look on Ebay.

I do own that in the green & the clay colors.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼